Echo Dot vs. Google Home Mini: Why Amazon Wins

Feb 17, 2018
I bought the Mini... It's better for me by far... Plus several people said Alexa is creepy, without actually saying what creepy meant... No nevermind though... The mini is intergrating itself very nicely into a new smart home setup that includes a doorbell and thermostat, etc... And even though I am disabled, I don't want the ease of online ordering from Alexa, the budget I live on is very strict... BTW, the button on the Mini, doesn't turn it off, and once installed the subtle lighting of the Mini is far less distracting than Alexa's ring of of light... Mini integrates with my phone in a much more pleasant UI also...
So for me Mini is the winner...
Plus... One of your writers wrote a misleading article about an Alexa deal that Amazon customer service said they would never do... Never never ever... It made me mistrust Tom's Guide for a couple of days, now I just distrust that dude... Walmart offered better deals on free Mini's giving me the impression that Google integration will be far better in the voice assistant integration ecosphere very soon...
And the hangers offered on Amazon make that light issue mentioned in the article fare better for the Mini... The 4 lights, are for me much much much more pleasant and unobtrusive vs the Ring of Creepy...