evilgareth

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2004
I cant seem to get eDonkey working ("unattainable" message) since I started using a Netgear MR314 wireless router - although I am not using the wireless partof it but rather one of it's LAN sockets.
Even switching off the XP firewall doesnt seem to do it plus I dont seem to have any software for the router or be able to get any off the web

RichPLS

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2004
under setting firewall options for edonkey, use incoming port 80, should work fine then with current internet settings.

<font color=red><pre>\\//__________________________________
And the sign says "You got to have a membership card to get inside" Huh
So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>

evilgareth

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2004
is that in windows ifrewall ports or on the donkey programme itself? if so is it the tcp or udp port?
i realise i am a spaz!

RichPLS

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2004
in edonkey, TCP port, and we are all learning here, no shame in that. Teh are no stupid questions, just stupid people!

So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>

evilgareth

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2004
Have changed the edonkey port to 80 but still unreachable - do i need windows firewall off too or to change ucp port?
An even when unreachable goes, unclear appears and all potential downloads stay as "looking" and never seem to start "transferring".
Everything was fine until i started with this router!!!!
-------------------------------------------------------
there are some stupid people, called celtic fans

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by evilgareth on 11/20/04 03:06 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

RichPLS

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2004
Try disable XP's firewall, and see if that is it. I am not that familiar with the SP2 firewall, as I use NIS2004 along with D-Link 604 router. Your browser by default uses port 80, so, edonkey should work fine there also.

sparky853

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003
you may have to forward port 80 on your router to your computer.

XP2800+, Abit NF7, 1GB Dual-Channel DDR333, ATI R9800PRO 128MB, TT PurePower 420W, LG DVD+-R/RW
:redface: <font color=red>My wife says I suffer from premature ejaculation...I don't remember suffering<font color=red> :wink:

evilgareth

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2004
on my routes software it asks for opening port closing port and ip?
damn you Netgear!!!!!
any suggestions for what to put in the out and ip?