EEE 900 ACPI Missing audio driver

May 10, 2018
Hi,

I just put my old EEE 900 to run again, with Windows 7 installed, and I am facing problems with AsACPISvr.
When the computer boots, it gives me the message "Missing audio driver, disabling Fn+ F7,8,9. Please install audio driver"
The original driver installer is for XP, and it stops in the middle of the process on win 7. However, there are drivers for Vista on the CD that work fine, except regarding the issue above..
I have tryied the few solutions I found on the internet without success. Can anyone help me? It feels like the ACPI driver is missing some file, or some registry stuff.

Thanks!

Well the keys issue would be different. Sorry I had missed that. The only suggest left I can think of for the drivers is try contacting ASUS or try a search online for them. But that I would use as a last resort as well, you never know what you will get. As for the keys...

1. Uninstall the keyboard driver.
2. Reboot the computer (without reinstalling the driver).
3. When it restarts, it should reinstall the driver on its own.

If this doesn't work, you may wish to try connecting/reconnecting an external keyboard and see if it works fine. If it does, then it could be the keys themselves that are the issue.

You may also want to try updating the Synaptics Driver if the above doesn't help.

May 10, 2018

I did that too without success. Audio works really fine, so the driver should be ok.
It just gives me the annoying message every boot, and the keys are not working

Well the keys issue would be different. Sorry I had missed that. The only suggest left I can think of for the drivers is try contacting ASUS or try a search online for them. But that I would use as a last resort as well, you never know what you will get. As for the keys...

1. Uninstall the keyboard driver.
2. Reboot the computer (without reinstalling the driver).
3. When it restarts, it should reinstall the driver on its own.

If this doesn't work, you may wish to try connecting/reconnecting an external keyboard and see if it works fine. If it does, then it could be the keys themselves that are the issue.

You may also want to try updating the Synaptics Driver if the above doesn't help.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
piqopiq Laptop Tech Support 0
P Laptop Tech Support 2
A Laptop Tech Support 0
H Laptop Tech Support 4
TommyInfinity Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1
G Laptop Tech Support 3
H Laptop Tech Support 4
N Laptop Tech Support 3
J Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 0