eGPU for Compaq Presario CQ62-219WM

Jun 20, 2018
I need to know if I can use a eGPU in my notebook, I have a Compaq Presario CQ62-219WM with Intel Core 2 Duo Mobile T9300, 2.40ghz and 4GB RAM.

I see GT 610 and GF 8400GS graphics card to buy, works with this notebook?

Solution

Your money to spend, looks like you are buying used parts also. You would want to check with the vendor of the external adapter to make sure it will work with your system and the video card.

A GTX 1050 for that price is a pretty good deal, but would be totally wasted with your laptop since the CPU will be no-where near the capability to run any games the 1050 can handle.

To me it sounds like you are going to waste $100. I'd just get a better laptop even if you need to spend $200 on one. For $100 you can about triple your video and CPU speed by...

DSzymborski

Distinguished
As nine-ball says, it would be a really poor use of money, time, and effort to take apart a 10-year-old budget laptop (you're not going to have Thunderbolt, so you're limited to taking over the mini-PCIE slot the wireless card is in) in order to run something like a GT 610. Your only real solution is a new desktop or laptop.

Jun 20, 2018
I know need external parts, so I search and find this prices:

GTX 1050 2GB = $52.99
PSU 305W = $14.99
EXP GDC = $31.13
Total = $99.11
I have only $100, I can with this features?

Your money to spend, looks like you are buying used parts also. You would want to check with the vendor of the external adapter to make sure it will work with your system and the video card.

A GTX 1050 for that price is a pretty good deal, but would be totally wasted with your laptop since the CPU will be no-where near the capability to run any games the 1050 can handle.

To me it sounds like you are going to waste $100. I'd just get a better laptop even if you need to spend $200 on one. For $100 you can about triple your video and CPU speed by getting a second gen i5 system. Say a Lenovo T420, those are in the $150 range in good shape.

Solution

That video card is a fake, a real new GTX 1050 is at least double that price.

You also need a monitor to attach to the video card. If you can't buy a faster used computer for about the same amount of money as you want to spend on all of this stuff, save your money. Your existing system is too old and slow to be of any use to try to get a faster video card working with it. Bring your system to a computer store see if you can trade it in for something better. Like I said before, a desktop or laptop with a second gen Core i5 should be not be more than $150 which is what you are spending on this setup for your laptop, and will actually work.

Yes they are more or less the same for speed if it's all the same CPU model. I like the Lenovo T models because they are very well built. The one you linked only has 2 GB of RAM, that is too low. You want at least 4 if not 8. Putting in a solid state in one of those older ones make them run as good as any new $400 or 500 system.