Eight People Now Own A $1000 iPhone Screensaver

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdillenbeck

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
If I want to buy an app that does nothing but be a screen saver and say 'hey, I can drop a grand on something that does nothing', shouldn't I have that right?

Sure, most of us wouldn't pay $1000 for an app that does nothing or $1000 for some useless decoration on our house, car, bodies, and so forth (in my best imitation of Craig Ferguson, 'or would we?'). However, some of us are just that rich and some (and some would say that stupid). Buying $1000 bling is what individual freedom is all about.

Of course, I am assuming the maker of the app was up front about what 'I Am Rich' does...

sandmanwn

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2006
Heres to the eight biggest losers on the face of the planet.

You could have fed hundreds of third world people for months. Helped the homeless or contributed to charities but you decided to be a douche.

You are the weakest link in world and we would be better off without you.

invlem

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2008
This is no different than someone willing to buy an iPhone or PS3 for >$2000 at launch because they HAVE to have it first.

Capitalism, people will buy/sell anything nowadays why deny them that right?

Why get upset when someone releases something we may find dumb, and then it sells, we're angry because it sold, but in the end, that person came up with a product that appealed to 8 people. That's what business is all about.

Status
Not open for further replies.