EIKI HD projector question.

Drakkarim

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2006
I have the following Projector. (Eiki LC-XB26)

http://www.touchboards.com/eiki/EikiLC-XB26.asp

It is able to project up to a 1080i HD picture. But the only inputs are DVI, VGA, S-video, and Composite.

Two Questions, will the VGA convert to a true Component Video? Or is it only the DVI input that will?

The reason I ask is I would like to use the DVI input for my PC, since I have a Ge-Force 6800 GT on it, and if I can convert the VGA to HD, use that input for my Cable TV, PS2, and X-BOX Component cables.

If this is possible, what would you guys suggest as an adapter?

G

In general, DVI and VGA can receive component. Technically, it depends on how the projector is wired. I know some projectors support component through the VGA and DVI ports through special adapters. Component is a 3-wire video signal. VGA is a 5-wire video signal. S-video is 2-wire. Composite is 1-wire. You can combine or break out signals with the proper signal processing and wiring. Sometimes it is by adapters and sometimes you need a converter box.

Best way is to check with EIKI's tech support. They will be able to tell you for sure. They may even sell an adapter for your nees. If you don't want to bother, then you can take a chance and purchase a component to VESA adapter.

BTW, the quality between sending component through DVI or VESA will not make a difference because component is always analog.

TRENDING THREADS