ELAN Touchpad lagging on initial touch

post8k

Commendable
Sep 20, 2016
I just got the LG Gram 15 laptop.

The ELAN touchpad delays/lags a bit when my finger first touches the pad. The mouse on the screen "jumps" a bit to compensate the delay. Seems like it is deliberately done to prevent accidental mouse movement upon click.

But it is sooo annoying. I cannot make any precise movements. Can anyone tell me how to disable it?

Solution
That isn't good. Especially if you are doing say anything detailed. For general computer use, probably not a big deal (but personally would drive me nuts). However, if you say do graphic art, drafting, etc., then it could be a problem.

post8k

Commendable
Sep 20, 2016

It doesn't seem like it is a manufacturer defect. Just an annoying driver setting I cannot change. Anyone else with LG gram can confirm this?

I will call tomorrow to ask.

post8k

Commendable
Sep 20, 2016

I tried it and same problem. Even in safe mode, or in BIOS view, the mouse has this lag.

The lag is unnoticeable at a low mouse sensitivity. But if the mouse moves fast, it is more noticeable.

Also, the lag is not in "time", but rather in distance my finger moves. So the first 0.2 of an inch of finger movement is not shows on the screen.