Solved! Electrical outlet adapters

Sep 8, 2018
I recently had OzarksGo install fiber optic, high speed internet and wireless routers in my home. After having intermediate issues with signal strength on one particular tv their tech decided to install electric plug in adapters that are supposed to allow the signal to travel through the wiring in my home. This appears to have solved the connectivity issues , however, the tv is setting in a large entertainment cabinet that have lights that are controlled by a touch switch. The lights now randomly come on in unpredictably. The cabinet is plugged into an outlet in close proximity to the line adapter but not the same one. It has been in the same socket for 13 years with no issues. Thoughts? It’s driving us nuts.

Solution
In an ideal world, you would be able to use an outlet from a different circuit but I doubt there's one with a cable length. Can you do without the light show? The powerline adapter is giving you speeds to watch videos from the Net and that's worth its worth in gold but the lights can't do that.

Try using an extension cable for the lights plug and move it a few feet from the outlet. It might improve things.
In an ideal world, you would be able to use an outlet from a different circuit but I doubt there's one with a cable length. Can you do without the light show? The powerline adapter is giving you speeds to watch videos from the Net and that's worth its worth in gold but the lights can't do that.

Try using an extension cable for the lights plug and move it a few feet from the outlet. It might improve things.

Solution