Does it still show the eMachine logo when you first turn it on? Here are some troubleshooting steps that may help in solving the issue.
- Start by doing a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug it from it's AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try booting it up again.
- If this will not work do reseat the RAM's, remove them all for couple of seconds then put them back in making sure everything is seated properly.
- Next to try if this will still not work is to test the AC adapter. Remove the battery again then boot it up with just the AC adapter connected and see if it will stay on. Another test with it is to try a different AC adapter that has the same voltage and see if this will work or not.
- If these will still not work proceed with opening your laptop and clean the dust off the fans and apply new thermal paste on the CPU.
- And if all these will not work and if the laptop is still under the factory warranty do contact the manufacturer for a repair.