Emperor Workstation Looks Like Battledroid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burodsx

Distinguished
May 31, 2009
The $40k version of this is absolutely amazing. Unfortunately it'll have to sit on my waiting to win the lottery list.

climber

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2009
Daily Planet, a Discovery Channel Canada television show, did a piece on this a while before Christmas. It is really impressive, even cup holders can be put in! Do a search there for the clip if it's still on their site.

G

if only i had the money. i have been saying that alot this year with all the cool tech coming out

littlec

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
hopefully the higher end model will drop in price. If not 5k isn't that bad. Too bad this is such a niche market b/c I would really like to see someone else compete for my 5k.

andybird123

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2007
[citation][nom]thedreadfather[/nom]If anything it looks more like a Droideka than a Battle Droid[/citation]

Actually, "battle droid" is a catch all term that covers all droids designed for war, so a droideka IS a battle droid, you seem to have assumed that the term battle droid can only be used when referencing a B1 model.

G

< Drool > looking at the setup, it's very possible to build something like this yourself if you're handy with tools. The seat pictured looks like the red one on this page.

Plus if you have access to a metal shop, you could fabricate the rest of the frame work including the arms holding the monitors.

I can just see it now, having something like this in my living room with a swivel base. My wife would kill me! :D

imspecial

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2009
Is it just me or did I see Taco Bell as one of NovelQuest's customers?

Anyways I wouldn't mind having one of these, would be one hell of an experience.

coonday

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
[citation][nom]NightLight[/nom]ok, i can weld this together and put screens in for less then a 1000$... talk about pricy[/citation]
I would love to see you try to put something as nice as this together for under a thousand dollars.

tacoslave

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2009
[citation][nom]Renegade_Warrior[/nom]< Drool > looking at the setup, it's very possible to build something like this yourself if you're handy with tools. The seat pictured looks like the red one on this page.Plus if you have access to a metal shop, you could fabricate the rest of the frame work including the arms holding the monitors.I can just see it now, having something like this in my living room with a swivel base. My wife would kill me![/citation]

I'm a carpenter and i made ALL the furniture in my house figure i saved myself around 50k the way i have my house. But then again i dont think i could craft that out of wood for under 5k.

joeman42

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2008
No cup holders. Fail. On a slightly less flippant note, if I were to build this I would probably use steel tubes to construct the frame but with the addition of a 3d motorized gimble mount so I could realize my old school dream of replicating the "Descent" cockpit environment.

Status
Not open for further replies.