Enhance Your Kinect Experience With Nyko's ZOOM

Status
Not open for further replies.

dalauder

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
Wow, this could be pretty cool. I've had that trouble with the Kinect every time I've used it. The only thing I'm confused about is why Microsoft didn't make wide angle lenses in the first place.

I'd expect the next version of the Kinect to include a wide angle lense (and software so images taken with it don't look stretched), phasing out the need for this Nyko add-on.

alextheblue

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2001
I'd like to see a review of this product. A lot of products like this really don't perform as advertised, to say the least. Still, every once in a while a gem arrives.

tuanmai

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2009
[citation][nom]alextheblue[/nom]I'd like to see a review of this product. A lot of products like this really don't perform as advertised, to say the least. Still, every once in a while a gem arrives.[/citation]

Didn't get a chance to personally test it from E3 but in the few times that I passed by the booth, it looked like it was working perfectly fine!

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]dalauder[/nom]Wow, this could be pretty cool. I've had that trouble with the Kinect every time I've used it. The only thing I'm confused about is why Microsoft didn't make wide angle lenses in the first place.I'd expect the next version of the Kinect to include a wide angle lense (and software so images taken with it don't look stretched), phasing out the need for this Nyko add-on.[/citation]

for a few reasons, 1 2 people playing in the area normaly needed for 1... you are asking for a black eye

im just takeing a guess here, but it distorts the images a bit to be able to get this.

and 3, to get it so the system natively can do this without distortion, you would need an even finer 3d camera thing (look at night vision kinect to see what im talking about) it would need to scatter more, but need to be denser at the same time. this would cost SIGNIFICANTLY more than what it currently costs for that.

there is a reason kinect requires a large space. but this would be an ok alternative for single player.

Status
Not open for further replies.