Enter to Win an Xbox One and 'Rise of the Tomb Raider' from Tom's Guide!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomsguideUS

Estimable
Oct 7, 2014
Halloween may have passed, but there are plenty of spooky tombs to raid. Microsoft sent us a 1TB Xbox One bundle with Rise of the Tomb Raider! We're going to give it to one of you!

jyIL56A.png

The bundle includes a 1TB Xbox One and full copies of Rise of the Tomb Raider and Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition, as well as the Tactical Survival Kit Content Pack and a 14-day trial of Xbox Live Gold.

Lara Croft is an iconic video game action hero. To enter, we want to know who your favorite video game action hero is and why. Is it an explorer like Nathan Drake, a classic like Pitfall Harry, or perhaps even Lara herself? Tell us right here in this contest thread!

Tell us in this thread for a chance to win the bundle! It's valued at $399.
Comment by Monday, November 9 at 12 p.m. EST for a chance to win. A winner will be chosen at random.

See official rules here: http://purch.com/community-sweepstakes/

UPDATE: Congratulations to VS1120, who won our random drawing! Thanks to all who entered!

wolfhowl

Estimable
Nov 2, 2015
My favorite action game hero is Link from the Legend of Zelda. He saves the world multiple times over. I LOVE LINK. Not to mention all the games he's in. Hyrule Warriors, SSB.. Tons.

Ian_2_

Estimable
Nov 2, 2015
My favorite video game character was Chip from Chip's Challenge. It was the first video game I ever played, and thanks to Chip, my passion for video games never stopped growing. I owe it all to those puzzles that kicked my butt as a child and ignited a a desire to continue solving them.

BajaBaybe

Estimable
Nov 2, 2015
My favorite video game hero has to be Eddie Hunter, a.k.a. Skate from the Streets of Rage series. Not only does he beat up people twice his sides, he's does it all in a pair of rollerblades. Now if that ain't hardcore, I don't know what is.

Nel___

Estimable
Nov 2, 2015
My favorite character is solid snake from metal gear solid. His anti nuclear message and stance on all life being precious and the fight for peace really blow my mind of how a game and character can reach into your politics.

wolfhowl

Estimable
Nov 2, 2015
Also: Mario from the SMB series. I dunno if he counts, but he should. Like Link, he's been in multiple games. HE saves princesses instead of the world though.

Pandziv234

Estimable
Nov 2, 2015
Nathan Drake easily. His charisma and wit are undeniable. He is murdering sociopath and yet he is caring. Last, but not least he is absolutely bonkers! *kitty got wet*

mananers

Estimable
Nov 2, 2015
Gordon Freeman is easily my favorite video game action hero. He may be a silent protagonist, but it's that silence that gives the original Half Life the kind of immersive atmosphere that scared the crap out of me as a kid. I wasn't watching a movie starring Gordon Freeman, I was Gordon Freeman! Every conversation with Barney or a scientist had me responding in my own head rather than listening to predetermined dialog. It probably helped that he is a huge nerd, but Gordon is the only gaming hero I can think of that goes from measuring solutions into beakers to gunning down masked assassins with an assault rifle in an afternoon. Top that.

Kirtybear

Estimable
Nov 2, 2015
My favorite video game hero is Max Payne. The entire series consisted of him being pumped with lead to the point of ridiculousness. But Max would just keep popping those pills and keep going to get his revenge for his family.

Charles_23

Estimable
Nov 2, 2015
My favorite video game action character would have to be Mario from the original Super Mario Bros. He was what originally got me into video games, and any guy who will go through so much peril to save the same woman repeatedly has to be a hero right?

VEF215

Estimable
Nov 2, 2015
My favorite video game action hero is Master Chief from the Halo games for sure, he never gives up even though he has all the odds imaginable stacked against him. Thanks for the chance guys, would love to win this.

Careramel

Estimable
Nov 2, 2015

My favorite action hero would probably have yo be Spyro the Dragon from..well, Spyro the Dragon. I seem him as kind of the ugly duckling of the Dragon world. He's not a large and majestic as the other dragons he saves, but he proves that some of the greatest things may come in small packages.

SirJohnGavin

Estimable
Nov 2, 2015
My favorite action hero is none other than Leon S. Kennedy from the Resident Evil series. Sure, he may be from an action-horror game, but he's just as capable as any hero! Whether he's saving the President's daughter from a cult or a city from a viral outbreak, he looks pretty cool accomplishing any mission he's given.

I can only dream my hair looks so suave as I fight off the undead.

Aiwanei

Estimable
Nov 2, 2015
My favorite action here is Nathan Drake, I love his bravado and swagger, but deep down he is a good guy who wants to do the right thing, and have a little adventure while he is at it. He is the best version of Indiana Jones in video games that I have seen.

JPKerwan

Estimable
Nov 2, 2015
Its honestly too difficult to pick a favorite, but one of the greats is definately Sam Fisher from the Splinter Cell series. With all the amazing gadgets and resources at his disposal he's prepared for any and all scenarios, whether it be a non-lethal stealth mission or an all out o-k-corall showdown. Sam Fisher is an Icon of today's gaming culture. Can't wait for his first appearance on XB1

natdawg55

Estimable
Nov 2, 2015
My favorite video game action hero has to be none other than Lara Croft! I still remember struggling with the first Tomb Raider game on the original Playstation that introduced me to the wonderful adventure and puzzle video games! (Never did beat that game but led to playing all the Resident Evil games)

Drefl3x

Estimable
Nov 2, 2015
My favorite video game action hero has to be Sonic. Growing up in the 90's has much of the reason why, but also Sonic is a character that would show courage and willing to never give up, in a fast cool new action play that pretty much put Sega on the map. From there on Sega never looked back.

finellskii

Estimable
Nov 2, 2015
Mine would have to be Booker from Bioshock Infinite. Besides all the bad ass vigors and jumping around with the skyhook... turns out he's both. Yea.

VaArcAngel80

Estimable
Nov 2, 2015
My favorite video game action hero of all time has to be Dante, from Dante's Inferno. How many action game heroes truly deal with depression, infidelity, PTSD, religion, and suicide? As you kicked butt with Dante's "God of War" like powers, you start to unravel the fact that he is stuck inside his own psychological fall from grace. As a former soldier who is going through a divorce, I latched on to Dante's relentless determination to find honesty and acceptance within himself to ultimately heal. He is a one of a kind hero from a timeless poem that was amazingly fleshed out in a video game work of art. In an industry that often gets stereotyped as being shallow in message or artistic depth; this demon fighting soldier Dante stands out as a shiny example of how wrong that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.