"Entry Level" Audio Setup?

G

Hi, basically, need help and advice on a audio setup. budget for total is around $700-800. Not a friking crazy audiophile, dude who just wants to heard good vibes.
Few passive speakers in mind: Boston Acoustics A26, Wharf 10.2, Paradigm A2, Audioengine P4 Monitor speakers MR2
any other good speakers for around $450 or even just great speakers under that price?

For AMP/DAC/what ever,
How should I use the Schiit modi and/or the SchiitMagni? Or are they both really only for headphones....They looked so sexy, but I don't think I can use them cuz I got speakers right?
But I was looking at the audioengine N22 which looks sleek and the price is fine. Why are amps so expensive?!?! That looks like my only viable option. I forgot about the Denon AVR-1513, higher price, more features, but looks less sleek and a bit complicated...

For sound cards, a asus or a creative?

bottom line
1. best sounding speaker out of the 5? or do you have a good one for under $450 that you recommend? (for the wharfs, I read you really need an amazing amp to to show its best so that may take it out of the list)
2. Amps? For under $250-300 and works well with a speaker that you recommend/the ones I listed? like the N22,
3. Sound cards under $200? I read that creative and asus are the best one.
Thanks!

Solution
The Paradigm A2 sound excellent and since they are self powered don't need an amp. You can use the rest of the money to buy a DAC. You don't need a new soundcard since many if not all DACs will have USB inputs. I would suggest the M2Tech HiFace Dac stick at about $300 or the Cambridge Audio DacMagic100 which is on sale at $299 until the end of the year.

batuchka

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
If you are looking for compact amps i wouldn't go for that N22 as put it simply it is overpriced for what it is? FYI there are far cheaper amps in the market but you have to elaborate your needs. For a PC Audio/Near field set up for example a pricey/beefy amp is not only overkill but prolly not needed. You can go with Tripath based amps based of chips like TA2020/2021 or TK2050 (Dayton/Topping) With an increased budget start looking at the Emotiva mini-X a-100? If your source is a PC/Laptop you can go with a PCI/PCIe/USB Soundcard/DAC As for your choice of speakers i would expand the search to include higher end Polks, Infinity, Cambridge S30 and Monitor Audio BX2s. Lastly a great resource for speaker consultation
http://www.avsforum.com/f/89/speakers

The Paradigm A2 sound excellent and since they are self powered don't need an amp. You can use the rest of the money to buy a DAC. You don't need a new soundcard since many if not all DACs will have USB inputs. I would suggest the M2Tech HiFace Dac stick at about $300 or the Cambridge Audio DacMagic100 which is on sale at $299 until the end of the year.

Solution
G

That cambrige and its reviews make it seem amazing. And It really looks promising. So If I were to get two Paradigm A2s along with this dacmagic 100, what else would I need?