Epic 4G Hitting Shelves August 31 at $250

Status
Not open for further replies.

fivewall

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2010
Epic over Evo for me - I am not ready to give up my keyboard just yet. I am a sprint customer currently using a samsung moment, the Evo was very tempting but now that this is coming out I am glad I waited.

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
Love this phone. This is the fastest phone on the market, it has 4G, will be getting 2.2 soon enough, and a more manageable screen. The only thing I wish is that they would have released this as a slate and ditched the keyboard. I'd rather have the slimmer device.

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]tayb[/nom]Love this phone. This is the fastest phone on the market, it has 4G, will be getting 2.2 soon enough, and a more manageable screen. The only thing I wish is that they would have released this as a slate and ditched the keyboard. I'd rather have the slimmer device.[/citation]
The Epic without the slide out keyboard is a Captivate or Vibrant, go get one of those if you want a thinner version of this. This phone is made for people who still want the keyboard to type on and want a powerful phone.

G

I prefer a real keyboard, this also has an LED Flash and Front-Facing camera which the Vibrant and Captivate doesn't have. The EVO is still based on the Snapdragon CPU, the Hummingbird CPU is slightly faster in raw computational speed and the GPU is almost twice as fast as the Snapdragon. No contest.

madman322

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2009
it's nice that cell companies are still offering the option for their customers to have physical keyboards. But it seems to me that the future of cellphones is all touch, so I picked up a Vibrant, and got on board now, because 5 years from now physical keyboards are going to be history...at least in my opinion. But at least the major cell companies are offering physical keyboard alternatives to their high end phones now while the customer still wants them.

mlcloud

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
[citation][nom]damiano13mg[/nom]I wonder how it saves battery life?[/citation]

The screen on the Epic is a SAMOLED screen, and on top of being more power efficient, brighter, and less-reflective in sunlight, one last feature in the Epic is its ability to turn off black pixels. Think of text, dark images, the edges in movies and photos, etc... decent amount of energy saved, and it should make a big difference.

ecnovaec

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2008
dude qiqi you suck at spamming. this is a tech site, not a douche fest. We aren't into ed hardy stuff and air jordans try spamming the UFC forums. Back on topic, this phone looks pretty awesome for people who like having a qwerty keyboard. I'm happy with my evo though :)

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]ecnovaec[/nom]dude qiqi you suck at spamming. this is a tech site, not a douche fest. We aren't into ed hardy stuff and air jordans try spamming the UFC forums. Back on topic, this phone looks pretty awesome for people who like having a qwerty keyboard. I'm happy with my evo though[/citation]
it's most likely a bot and won't respond to you :p

I deleted him 17 times with one keystroke.

I like to wait till they have wasted a good 15 minutes posting rubbish everywhere ... so they can sit back and admire their work

... then watch it evaporate in an instant.

Thanks for reporting the spam guys ... we appreciate the support to help keep these threads clean so you can get your points across !!

You report it ... we will nuke it.

:)

dgingeri

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2009
It's not really $250. It's $350 with a mail in rebate. From my experience with rebates, this means about 1/3 of people who actually send in the rebates will never get the money for one bogus reason or another, and their price will be the full $350. That's also only if you send the stuff in. (I've had 2 rebates, processed by the same company, get denied because they claim I didn't include the bar code from the box, even though I certainly did. I had one more denied because they say I didn't include a receipt, which I certainly did. Rebate processing companies come up with all sorts of reasons to deny the claim. they say they didn't get something, which you did send, and they know you can't send it in because you already did, so they don't have to cover the claim. That way they keep extra money.) I will not buy anything with a mail in rebate unless it is worth the cost without the rebate. I'll send in the rebates, but I never expect to get the money. I'm pleasantly surprised when I do get it.

It was for this reason that I finally went out last night and got myself the Captivate. I really liked the look of the Epic, but it is just too much money. This Captivate is awesome, though.

danbfree

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2008
@dgingeri: It's called go to Best Buy and they give the rebate instantly. Also, if Best Buy is not convenient, Sprint provides very strict rebate processing and ultimately will give you a full credit for it on your bill if you don't receive yours. Many of their stores will fill out everything, make extra copies of receipts etc and even provide you a stamped envelope. It really isn't as bad as you make it out to be and you compromised your choice of phone due to paranoia.

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
[citation][nom]Camikazi[/nom]The Epic without the slide out keyboard is a Captivate or Vibrant, go get one of those if you want a thinner version of this. This phone is made for people who still want the keyboard to type on and want a powerful phone.[/citation]

Not true. The Captivate nor Vibrant have the features of this phone. Here's just a short list of features this phone has that the other two versions do not.

1. 4G (duh, only Sprint has 4G)
2. Bluetooth 3.0
3. Front facing camera
4. LED flash
5. DivX/Xvid support

You lose quite a bit by going with the Captivate or Vibrant. I would still buy this phone if my contract was up but I'd rather have it slate style.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS