Epson projector Powerlite 1945w sound issues

bear27

Commendable
Nov 2, 2016
I have the Epson Powerlite 1945w projector connected wirelessly to a dell desk-top computer. The computer is hooked into a sound board.

I can play music from the computer through the sound board easily, but cannot play sound (like a video) through the sound board while connected to the projector.

As soon as I connect to the projector the ONLY option they give me for sound is to play it through the projector speakers. As soon as I disconnect from the projector they give me several more options. I need to get this fixed. Any suggestions?

Solution
OK ...I wonder...

Go back into "Control Panel" and then "Sound". Under the "Playback" tab, right click and then click on "Show Disabled". Then you want to go into the "Properties" for the disabled device. Select "Re-enable" and then also select "Default".
Have you checked in "Control Panel" then "Sounds" to make sure that the projector isn't the default choice for sound when it is connected? It should show the other things you have connected in the "Playback" tab and allow you to choose a different one as the "Default".

bear27

Commendable
Nov 2, 2016
That is kind of what is weird. When I am not connected to the projector I have three or four options that I can chose as a default. I set my sound mixer as the default. However, as soon as I connect to the projector all my options disappear.....the only one that show up is to connect to the speaker that is on the projector as well.

Disconnect from the projector and all several different sounds options pop up again. It is like as soon as it connects to my projector (which is wireless) it has a one track mind. What I have chosen for a default before doesn't even show up.

OK ...I wonder...

Go back into "Control Panel" and then "Sound". Under the "Playback" tab, right click and then click on "Show Disabled". Then you want to go into the "Properties" for the disabled device. Select "Re-enable" and then also select "Default".

Solution

TRENDING THREADS