Error accessing BIOS setup on Acer Travelmate 3280

wenglock_mok

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2010
Hey guys,

I am trying to fix up a friend's Acer Travelmate 3280 laptop. The laptop comes with a Phoenix BIOS v1.28. Two days ago, I went into BIOS setup to disable the splash screen. However, after that, while the Acer splash screen no longer shows (it shows instead the memory tests and hard disk autodetection), I am also not able to access the BIOS setup using the F2 key. The F2 key simply brings up a corrupted password prompt, and the system stops responding to any key input after that.

Does anybody know how I can reset the BIOS back to factory settings or if this is indeed a hopeless case?

Thanks very much for your help guys! Much appreciated.

wenglock_mok

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2010

I tried to dismantle the laptop but did not get very far as I did not want to risk damaging any part of it... is the CMOS battery easily locatable (i.e. maybe right underneath the keyboard)?

Thanks for your help!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Aghil Laptop Tech Support 1
Akshathere2022 Laptop Tech Support 2
K-kurt Laptop Tech Support 0
Q Laptop Tech Support 5
Liam Burroughs Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 3
N Laptop Tech Support 5
L Laptop Tech Support 1
N Laptop Tech Support 2
S Laptop Tech Support 3