Solved! Error Sending SMS code

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 23, 2021
Facebook security check is giving me the "Error Sending SMS code," message BUT the kicker is I AM receiving an SMS code? I've tried turning "on" SMS by texting Facebook back and I have tried to reach out to T-Mobile for help as well.

It's just weird that Facebook thinks that can't send me a code but they do indeed send me a code. I never get to a screen to input the code. Meanwhile my business is greatly affected by the 3 weeks I haven't been on any social media. Not to mention 12 years of memories.

Likely the most frustrating thing I have encountered.
I have no idea what to do!

Aug 23, 2021
You must resolve this with FB and T-Mobile. There is nothing we can do to resolve account matters in their systems.

Good luck.
Thanks. I was hoping someone would have advice on how to resolve with either company as I’ve tried it all! Maybe someone that went through this. It’s common to not get a code from what I’ve read. The weird part is I do get a code. 😭

Nov 19, 2021
Thanks. I was hoping someone would have advice on how to resolve with either company as I’ve tried it all! Maybe someone that went through this. It’s common to not get a code from what I’ve read. The weird part is I do get a code. 😭
I have exactly the same problem. It is telling me it can't send a code but I have a code! There is nowhere for me to put the code in. I have tried everything and Facebook is no help. Did you ever resolve this problem??

Aug 23, 2021
I have exactly the same problem. It is telling me it can't send a code but I have a code! There is nowhere for me to put the code in. I have tried everything and Facebook is no help. Did you ever resolve this problem??

Technically I never did resolve the problem and Facebook decided to "permanently delete" my account. I then watched a YouTube video on how someone ordered an Oculus VR headset which requires a Facebook account and they used that as reason to get response from someone in support. After I ordered the headset I was able to get someone in Oculus support to review my account and have it reinstated. It worked! With much persistence. And when I did get my Facebook account back I was able to see that I was indeed hacked as someone repeatedly posted something on my page in Arabic that was flagged by Facebook. Pretty wild! And by the way...the kids love the VR headset.

Status
Not open for further replies.