Event 37, Kernel-Processor-Power

Apr 4, 2018
Hi, so I just got this used hp pro x2 410 running windows 8.1 off ebay and I am playing around with it. For the first couple days everything was perfect. Then since yesterday it crashed four times (blue screen saying something like "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart"). One of these times I was starting up bluestacks (an android system simulator) so it probably stresses the system out. But the last time it happened, I didn't even run any programs, it crashed after windows started. I went into the event logs and this is the series of 4 errors I think correlated with each of the crashes:

Event 37, Kernel-Processor-Power:
The speed of processor 3 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware. The processor has been in this reduced performance state for 71 seconds since the last report.
The speed of processor 1 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware. The processor has been in this reduced performance state for 71 seconds since the last report.
The speed of processor 2 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware. The processor has been in this reduced performance state for 71 seconds since the last report.
The speed of processor 0 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware. The processor has been in this reduced performance state for 71 seconds since the last report.

From my research this is probably a PSU issue. I mean I have 30 days to return it so I was just wondering if there is any way of ruling out software issues before doing so. The only thing I can think of is that i was creating, deleting, and switching between multiple admin and user windows account so I may have messed up something. Any help is greatly appreciated!

edit: it just crashed again and I just saw at the bottom of the BSOD that it is "kernel security check failure" so i think it is now more likely software than hardware issue?

hang-the-9

Titan
To rule out Windows issues, re-install Windows clean on it, install drivers for it. Also check for a newer BIOS. Did you try different RAM, one RAM stick at a time if you have more than one? Check for any heat issues? Is the power cord with the system for that system?

hang-the-9

Titan
To rule out Windows issues, re-install Windows clean on it, install drivers for it. Also check for a newer BIOS. Did you try different RAM, one RAM stick at a time if you have more than one? Check for any heat issues? Is the power cord with the system for that system?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
dipudangol Laptop Tech Support 8
C Laptop Tech Support 1
B Laptop Tech Support 6
K Laptop Tech Support 5
F Laptop Tech Support 1
I Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 25
A Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 1
saas1980 Laptop Tech Support 2
K Laptop Tech Support 1