Question Every game I play crashes

Nov 25, 2020
Hi, so I have this gaming laptop from MSI GF 63 8rd
Intel Core i7-8750H
GTX 1050ti Max Q
12 gb ram ( 4gb module, 8gb module )
250gb ssd
500gb hdd

and I bought over a year ago back in June 2019, its a pretty decent laptop where I could do school and game at the same time, but over the past couple of months, I guess the start of quarantine is where problems would occur, I personally play Rainbow Six Siege, Valorant, Apex Legends. Pretty easy games to run but in Rainbow Six Siege, I would randomly crash wherein the screen would be freeze but I could still hear the audio, Valorant, and Apex, an error prompt would come up saying that the GPU crashed and I needed to update the drivers. The thing is with these crashes is that is very random, I could play a 40-minute game and it would crash, and then some days it would be within the first few minutes of a match that I would crash.
I tried everything, reinstalling in a clean installation the latest drivers, lowering down the resolutions and putting the lowest setting, virus and malware scan from Avast Premium Antivirus, buying a cooling pad to keep my temps normal ( my temps would be around 60-80 for the GPU and 70-90 for the CPU) , monitoring the usage of the CPU and GPU ( they were normal wherein the usage of the GPU would be 99% and cpu would be 40-60%
Ive tried to troubleshoot anyway I could possible do, Im just an amateur pc enthusiast and I am at a complete lost, I don’t know what to do anymore

reestrelax

Estimable
May 8, 2020
Hello

I don't have an exact answer, because it can be because of several reasons. Things you can try;

Update your driver setup. I see you are using GTX so you probably have Intel and Nvidia control panel.
- Get a driver cleaner, get the up-to-date driver control panel. It's free.

It might be because of the game too. just turn on task manager when the game is on and find the game. Right click on the game, and click on "Properties". After that, close the game. and then, on properties, find "Compatibility options" and make "Run as Administrator" checked and mess with the "Run in compatibility mode for" and try Win7, Win Vista.

Anyhow, I am not professional. Better to see a tech mechanic. I know it when you leave your teammates behind because of this problem :mmmfff:

Hope this helped :)

Reactions: Pelican189
Nov 25, 2020
Hello

I don't have an exact answer, because it can be because of several reasons. Things you can try;

Update your driver setup. I see you are using GTX so you probably have Intel and Nvidia control panel.
- Get a driver cleaner, get the up-to-date driver control panel. It's free.

It might be because of the game too. just turn on task manager when the game is on and find the game. Right click on the game, and click on "Properties". After that, close the game. and then, on properties, find "Compatibility options" and make "Run as Administrator" checked and mess with the "Run in compatibility mode for" and try Win7, Win Vista.

Anyhow, I am not professional. Better to see a tech mechanic. I know it when you leave your teammates behind because of this problem :mmmfff:

Hope this helped :)
Hi :)

So I tried that already too I downloaded DDU and downloaded the drivers as well, the next day the crash I stilled crashed, I have lost multiple Ranked Games because of this its taken a toll on me and I really hate letting my friends down. I also tried the compatibility mode thing on siege I still would crash. I also would notice that the time it takes for me to crash differs from certain games like in Valorant it could be 2 Unrateds, but Siege would be almost a Quick Match. I tried doing the MEMTEST as well but no errors in the ram I'm starting to think there really is an issue with the laptop or the GPU itself. I was planning on bringing it into a shop to repair it but I don't know what to say the problem is. Thanks for replying reestrelax :giggle: