Question Everybody in the call is able to hear everything that I can

Nov 14, 2020
I have an issue where everybody in a given call can hear my entire desktop audio (the louder I hear it, the louder they hear it as well, although they do hear everything a little less loud that I do). I use headphones that have a microphone built in (keep in mind that my computer has two jacks: one for headphones and one for a microphone, according to the signs and I plug it in the 'headphone' jack).

I've tried:

Disabling the 'Listen to this device' option in the device properties in control panel

Disabling the 'What U Hear' device

Setting the Headset (Mic) device (my microphone) to the Default Device and choosing it in Windows Settings

I've also found this in the microphone properties in the control panel:

http://prntscr.com/vj9gkr

Does anybody know what the problem could be? Thanks!

Can you tell if the headphone mounted mic is actually working? If you have separate headphone and mic jacks on the laptop but only a single plug on the headphone, you may need a splitter cable (cheap from Amazon). Depends on how the laptop is designed--they may have allowed either the headphone jack to serve both or the headphone jack is only wired for headphones. In that case, the mic won't work and you would be using the LT built in mic. Don't know why that would cause the problem you are seeing but.....

Nov 14, 2020
Can you tell if the headphone mounted mic is actually working? If you have separate headphone and mic jacks on the laptop but only a single plug on the headphone, you may need a splitter cable (cheap from Amazon). Depends on how the laptop is designed--they may have allowed either the headphone jack to serve both or the headphone jack is only wired for headphones. In that case, the mic won't work and you would be using the LT built in mic. Don't know why that would cause the problem you are seeing but.....
I appreciate the insight mate! The microphone definitely works, it's not using the integrated microphone. I really thought I was gonna need to buy one of those adapters online, but considering that you said I would only need to buy one if I couldn't use my headphone's microphone by plugging it in just the microphone jack (as I do) then I likely don't need one... unless it actually allows me to use my headphone's microphone however it transmits the desktop sound over as if it were my voice..? Really trying to see if the solution is related to a setting that I have yet to uncover or maybe a problem in the headphones themselves? I tried using another pair, completely different brand, had the same effect. I'm slightly scared of buying the adapter for nothing