Dec 27, 2018
native german so i try my best

Windows 7 64 bit Service Pack 1

Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300 2.50GHz

4 GB RAM ( 2 chips each 2 GB )

hey everyone,

i dont even know if it is about a virus

everything on the pc takes forever to load

no matter what it is - a simple picture or a very short video file - the window of a file takes at least 1 minute to open and up to 2 minutes, if not longer, to close

when a window closes, it turns to this milky view and says something like "doesnt respond" and then much later finally closes/dissapers

no matter what player, no matter what media file

1. already ran adw cleaner, software ran not even for 10 seconds, stopped, alledgely completely done searching the whole pc, and said, it only found 2 files

2. already ran bitdefender, ran 1 hour and a half, found 41, and then turned to another screen, what i want to do with the 9 files that were shoved into quarantine, i clicked "delete", but what about the other files ? no mention what ever happend to the other files

3. already "turned off" windows search at start up

4. downgraded vlc player version 3 to 2

havent installed or uninstalled any new software for months, slow-ness started today, so to speak over night

thanks for any help is appreciated

Dec 27, 2018
yesterday, about 1 or 2 hours after your post, even tabs were taking forever to load, even text files on the pc

what i did so far

chdisk ok
sfc scannow ok
mdsched.exe ok
windows defender ok
took google chrome out of start up, now the browser is super lightning fast

crystaldiskinfo screenshot

another windows diagnostic:

Problem: graphic card error
WD-20180904-1542-01.dmp
sysdata.xml
WERInternal
Warning: If this problem is caused by a virus or another security risk, the computer can be damaged if you open a copy of those files.

WD-20180904-1541-01.dmp
sysdata.xml
WERInternal

Warning: If this problem is caused by a virus or another security risk, the computer can be damaged if you open a copy of those files.

WD-20180904-1541-02.dmp
sysdata.xml
WERInternal

WD-20180904-1541-03.dmp
sysdata.xml
WERInternal

OpCode: Videocache/Videomemory-interference/disadvantage/infiltrated
EventData
DisplayDeviceFriendlyNameLength 59
DisplayDeviceFriendlyName NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250 (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM v1.1)
MemoryBandwidth 19142500
MemorySize 2935517184
Scenario 3

Dec 27, 2018
i think the pc is done, i just dont know how that happend, over night

tried uninstall reinstall graphic card driver in safe mode, flash player, java, nothing works, the pc launches every file, but for every 1 second of a video it takes around 5 seconds to buffer

Dec 27, 2018
i already intended to post, that i did exactly that myself, but didnt make it in time to tell, before someone here did it

COM Surrogate showed up in red color, the complete title is COM Surrogate dllhost

independant from that case, updated windows, what i never did since the first intall, almost 2 GB updates and 7 hours later, i am finished, couldnt get to install KB4471318 and KB4054518 , though, both say "installation failed" right next to the entry

when looking it up on google, it says, its a part of KB3177467, after downloading and trying to install KB3177467, it says its already installed, when downloading each KB4471318 and KB4054518 as a standalone seperate, and trying to install them, they say they are already installed, looking at windows update list, it still has the status "installation failed"

i ran reimage repair, which also found errors in the registry, but, because at the end it didnt give me the option to choose what i want the software to repair, it was either everything or nothing, i closed the software, i dont let anything touch the registry

now i am thinking what to do at all and in what order ? eset scan ? malwarebytes anti malware ? adwcleaner ?

Are there any reasons that you are not upgrading to Windows 10?

Not promoting or pushing Windows 10 as a solution.

However, Windows 7 is obsolete (my personal view) and sooner or later it will no longer be viable for many users.

At some point the mix and matching of patches becomes cumbersome and any fixes via Microsoft will be a low priority

And all too likely that 2 GB's worth of updates is going to "break" something one way or another.

There is always some point of "diminishing returns" - your system may be at that point.

No matter what you do, something else will become a problem....

Will concede that my response is not an answer or fix - the intent is to suggest that you begin looking forward and plan accordingly.

Dec 27, 2018
windows 10 for me means, a new pc, and theres "Lots of useful software" out there, that was made over 10 years ago and just, a few years ago, got updated to be compatible with 7 and 8, let alone 10, so in my opinion one would still be better off with 7

since the something 150 Windows Updates of around 2 GB yesterday,

- i can browse the pc ( windows explorer, menus, etc ) at normal speed
- the web browser opens at normal speed
- i can open 10 tabs at the same time, no problem
- i can watch streaming videos in the browswer, no problem, which took forever before the updates
- i can open text files on the pc now, which took forever before the updates, yet images cant be opened under 30 seconds

ran "Eset scan" yesterday, alledgely found a lot of things, deleted those things, but no change in terms of the pc ( opening an image or video on the pc )

i am still trying to manage whats going on with COM Surrogate, as it shows up in red color, in the recource monitor, when i open a file ( for example an image that takes 30 seconds to load ) there are lots of posts on the internet, that go back as far as 2014 or so, and no one found a solution to solve it