Ex-Google Engineer Launches Web Protection Startup

Status
Not open for further replies.

techseven

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2009
Well this is a very welcomed extension, I am really tired of looking at the same banner across so many websites, because of tracking... Makes me feel like a sheep!

koga73

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2008
Great that he left the dark side.
There needs to be something in place to stop companies from changing terms of service to whatever they want whenever they want. All of these services that people use start innocent but then when they get popular they change their terms of service so they can collect anything they want on you. Sure you could stop using these services but at this point you depend on them. There is nothing in place to protect the user.

Don't use Facebook and subscribe to a VPN service to protect your identity.

G

Try Ghostery instead (it works on more browsers) or just modify your HOSTS file!

husker

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
"I felt like the user wasn't being put first anymore,"

Well, duh!!! Who did he think was putting up the money that paid his salary? Here's a clue: It rhymes with Smadvertisers.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
this sounds kind of like this...

i make x money, now, so many people are concerned with personal data...
make extension...
wow that got allot of downloads, if i could monetize this as a service, i would make more for myself than working at google.

virtualban

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
I avoid putting personal data whenever I can, but I do know that is not enough for them to track my browsing habits and my not buying sh*t online habits.
Wanna see what depraved stuff I look for, google? Go ahead. And then keep putting adds related to that, into family sites, maybe this is what turns you on, I don't know and I still don't even care.

Status
Not open for further replies.