EXE files cannot open after malware removal

Status
Not open for further replies.

tangolog

Estimable
Nov 9, 2015
Hi, my laptop is infected by malware. At startup, there will be messages popping up saying that "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005). Click OK to terminate the application." which apply to PLFSetI.exe etc(I believe they are the startup services). I can't gain access to regedit, cmd and taskmanager. I also cannot open the EXE files. After scanning the laptop with Windows Defender Offline and removing the trojan and worm, the same problem remains. Please advise me on how to solve this problem. Thank you.

tangolog

Estimable
Nov 9, 2015

All the EXE cannot run. Since the windows defender offline removed the malware, I think the registry is the key to solve this.
Is there ways other than formatting? I dont have confidence in this because I never try this before.

tangolog

Estimable
Nov 9, 2015

Yes,I extracted the zip file and right-click on extracted file and select 'merge'. I clicked 'continue' in UAC prompt. Then I reboot my laptop.

tangolog

Estimable
Nov 9, 2015

I try to run firefox and mbam-setup-2.2.0.1024.exe but the same error appears.

tangolog

Estimable
Nov 9, 2015

I cant even open control panel to disable system restore. When I select boot into safe mode with networking, the screen shows 'windows is preparing files' and next the windows starts normally.

Status
Not open for further replies.