EXP gDC NGFF VER NOT DETECTED IN LAPTOP..,HELP PLEASE

Jul 1, 2018
I have a asus rog strix gl553vd, prossesor i7 7th gen, and it has an intergrated gtx 1050 in it. Recently i bought the exp gdc beast and a gtx 1060 to connect it to the laptop, i connect it using the ngff m.2 wifi card, but my laptop does not detect it.. i already uninstalled all nvidia drivers and the gtx 1050 driver too.... it still wont detect. My bios is alreadt updated too. Plz help

hang-the-9

Titan
Did you contact the external adapter vendor for support? You have a power supply for the 1060 connected? The external video adapter is probably running at PCIe 1x speeds, which will make that 1060 run at the speed of a 1050 or even lower.

Jul 1, 2018

Jul 1, 2018

Jul 1, 2018
Yes i have connected it to a cougar 600w power supply. I have asked the person i bought the exp gdc from but he have not answered for days. As for the speed, i have seen alot of people in youtube use a gtx 1060 from older laptops and have succesfully gained performance close to a 1060 (maybe just a bit over a 1050ti). But the problem is atleast my laptop should detect something right? In my case it does not. Correct me if im wrong

hang-the-9

Titan

Yes you need to see the video card in device manager.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Laptop Tech Support 8
A Laptop Tech Support 1
Secritek Laptop Tech Support 3
aztrovoi Laptop Tech Support 6
S Laptop Tech Support 3
baakudai Laptop Tech Support 5
Atharva1313 Laptop Tech Support 0
A Laptop Tech Support 1
Kingpizza Laptop Tech Support 5
T Laptop Tech Support 5
B Laptop Tech Support 1