Exreamly tactical laptop cooling.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
G

As the title says, i will be doing an extreamly tactical no compromises, no maybe, no it might. Just this will.

I will be cooling..... My dell laptop.... (Dun dun DUN!!!!)

Apearantly its possible to overclock my laptop. So i tried and i falied due to one bottle neck. HEAT. I put 8 GB of ram in my puppy (i can now record at 30 fps on cs go), upgraded the thermal compound, even put a 200 mm fan laptop cooler under my laptop. Even put a exahast fan at the side (removed it cus it actually did more harm than good.) now i have turned to the fabulous help of the most actve support forum. Yes. toms hardware, which turns pc enthusiast's software to HardWare. Jokes aside (keep them comming tho) how do i do a extreamly tactical cooling? Anyone who can give me the best answer will recive my thanks, and i will dub thee "the dude who answered my post".

Solution
Well of course it's not going to be a custom fit. Here's another one for a PRECISION T7500 that looks a lot more bendable because all of the heatpipes are in a straight line:
U402F_1.jpg

Look at how much room there is on that pedestal to drill holes in the right places, then you can grind off the rest that you don't need. That's how I mount heatsinks to GPUs.

For something smaller and easier to work with, I suggest looking at chipset coolers, which usually have only one heatpipe so are a lot easier to bend where you need to. You'd still have to figure out a mounting method though.

The Dell Vostro 3300 actually looks like it has the CPU mounted facing the bottom so you could put as tall...

BFG-9000

Respectable
Sep 17, 2016
Yes but then it wouldn't be extreme. General Tacticus would not approve.

Screwed in is a lot safer and more secure than epoxy, which can fall off, especially when there is no IHS for surface area.

G

I never will glue **** on my cpu lmao, and i dont think i have those in my country. A good idea, but not a "it will work 100%". I will be looking at chipset coolers.

G

MERGED QUESTION
Question from Inonothingatall : "EXTREMe TACTICAl LAPTOp COOLINg UPDATE/GUIDe"

So, i have figured ot how to extream cool my laptop. 1st, forget buying a desktop cooler, or attaching extra coolers. I used my knowledge of SCIENCE and cooled my laptop on a geological scale (not really to be honest). First of all, my proublem riginated from AMBIENT heat. I was in a small room. So i setup a ventelation system and i gave a very good airflow iin the room that it started feelng [strike]COLD[/strike]. Not because of the temperature, but airflow so i checked AMBIENT heat off the list. Second, would be THERMAL dynamics/ aerodynamics(maybe?). Hot air goes up, cold air goes down. So, i realized i was forcing HOT air up INTO my laptop using the laptop cooler. How did i know that? I had one ehaust fan, and one LARGE intake fan. Plus i had a fan pointed DIRECTLY at the exhasut. So what did i do? I turned the fan off since my legs were already shaking from the coldness of my room. That actually HELPED my cooling.
Thats all for NOW

HOTEL? TRIVAGO!