Extreme poor gaming performance after booting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shubham93131

Prominent
Feb 22, 2017
Hello, i recently bought a hp pavilion 15 gaming laptop with a i7 6700 HQ, 16 gb ram, gtx 950m and a 1 tb hdd. So whenever i restart or start the laptop and when gaming, i get very poor performance like its 140 fps for a couple of seconds and then suddenly decreases to 30-40 fps and continues to stay at that in cs go. The temperature of gpu is around 50-60. But after a few hours of gaming like 3-4 hrs the temperature increases to 65-80 which provides a good performance. To avoid this i never switch off my laptop which is pretty harmful in my opinion. Note that i am using the dedicated gpu and not the integrated. Any help could be appreciated!
Thanks

Desmond_A

Prominent
Apr 24, 2017
Do you run it just on the battery or plugged in (charging)? Also check your graphics drivers make sure they are updated and also make sure no windows updates or any high cpu usage software are running when you are playing, since you mentioned that it is a new laptop. I wouldn't expect much out of the laptop in the long run though, if you are planning to game regularly, consider getting a desktop. Good luck :)

Shubham93131

Prominent
Feb 22, 2017

I always run games while charging, and my drivers are always up to date since i use geforce experience.
As i have bought a gaming laptop, i can't buy a desktop for the meantime :p. I would plan about that afterwards though :D

Desmond_A

Prominent
Apr 24, 2017

I suggest you bring it back to the place where you bought the laptop and get them to diagnose the problem for you. The problem could be contributed by so many factors, worse case scenario it's your hard drive or even motherboard. Since most of the basic software problems has been covered. Else I could not think of anything to do besides taking apart the laptop and checking the internals :??:

Shubham93131

Prominent
Feb 22, 2017

I have bought it online from another country. Nevermind, i will contact the hp customer care in my place :)

WAJID_3

Prominent
Jun 5, 2017
hello shubham !
i have the same laptop like you i.e hp pavilion 15 6700hq with 16gb ram and gtx 960M.. i am also worried about the battery while playing games .. i just bought it 1 month ago .. should i keep playing games on charging ? will it effect the battery performance ? what you suggest about it and also share your experience.
you can mail me or also text on my nmber .. waiting for your reply brother.
[don't post your email/phone# on any forum]
Thanks

QARTS

Estimable
Nov 20, 2014
1~Remove the battery from your laptop and directly plug and play,this improves gaming performance!
2~Do a overhaul cleanu of your laptop internals.
3~Install Wise cleaner software and run it before playing games-It terminates unncessary apps running in the background
4~Try CCleaner
5~Defragment your HDD
6~After few minutes of gameplay minimise the game and open up Task manager and post your CPU,Memory,disk usages.
6'~Or you can use MSI Afterburner to monitor temps and work load during gaming.

Try these out.
Hope this helps,
thanks and happy gaming.!

Status
Not open for further replies.