Extremely slow Lenovo B50 laptop (2 years old)

feldono

Prominent
Dec 1, 2017
It's just ... slow. Superslow. It was buggy too and completely unusable until I resetted it (without deleting programs though, the limited reset because I don't have the Windows disc).

Now, I haven't used that laptop for a lot of months because it's so, SO slow, it's not bearable. It's basically completely "overwhelmed" from the minute you start it, you don't have to do anything to get it "loading". You could say it never really "starts". It has been slow often over the years, most of the times it just "worked" again, often thanks to Windows Updates. It came to a point where I developed a genuine hate for Lenovo, even though it's probably my zero-PC-knowledge fault. :(

So, before I buy a new one - any clues? Anything I should look at? Just keep in mind, even the slightest click will take a lot, a loot of time. ;-;

I'd be so grateful for help!

Solution
I had exactly the same problem with my Dell Latitude D830, so slow it was unusable. I could never completely fix the problem until i upgraded the OS from Windows 7 to Windows 10, and after that the problem just disappeared.

I believe the problem had something to do with the OS using up the available memory and then needing to swap files between the ram and the "page file" located on the very slow mechanical HDD. That's just my guess.

rocktalkrock

Prominent
Jul 4, 2017
I had exactly the same problem with my Dell Latitude D830, so slow it was unusable. I could never completely fix the problem until i upgraded the OS from Windows 7 to Windows 10, and after that the problem just disappeared.

I believe the problem had something to do with the OS using up the available memory and then needing to swap files between the ram and the "page file" located on the very slow mechanical HDD. That's just my guess.

Solution