Facebook Board Member Hacked, Friends Phished

Status
Not open for further replies.

IFLATLINEI

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2010
They sure do take security seriously. Isnt it obvious? Just not as seriously as they take selling off customers data and/or eroding their rights to privacy for a buck.

So now lets get ready for cloud computing huh people? These are the same kind of people who want you to just give them control of all your psersonal data. Put it all on their servers.

Being tech savvy doesnt make you smart and I wouldnt trust any of these idiots with anything.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
Facebook's privacy settings issues and higher-ups getting their accounts hacked. Twitter having to reset followers back to zero to correct a bug. These are signs of the apocalypse. This is truly the end of days. But fear not, for the rapture is nearly upon us. The computer gods will judge each of us according to the electronic lives we chose to live, and those of us deemed worthy will be taken to internet heaven. Those left behind will be be forced to battle the forces of hell that will be unleashed from the smoldering corpses of Facebook and Twitter. In the end, the earth will be wiped clean, and the chosen will return to live eternal life with an internet devoid of inane celebrity tweets and friends begging you to water their crops. Lo, it will be a glorious day indeed.

techguy378

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2009
Hopefully the person who hacked the Facebook board member's account gets put in solitary confinement for the rest of his life. Individuals have no business hacking other web sites, especially when in this case Facebook has never, ever done anything wrong.

rebb

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2010
In other news: Officials in the Facebook cooperate I.T. department block access to Facebook.com to increase employee productivity and cut down on security breaches

omnimodis78

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2008
Apart from the very concept of facebook (do you really care about 98% of your "friends" on your list? Do you think your "friends" care about you at all?) - facebook is a piece of sh*t I can't believe people actually use it. The layout is poor and primitive, the security, as you can see, is practically non-existent, and it seems that with every 'improvement' it gets worse and worse.

Hilarion

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2008
[citation][nom]techguy378[/nom]Hopefully the person who hacked the Facebook board member's account gets put in solitary confinement for the rest of his life. Individuals have no business hacking other web sites, especially when in this case Facebook has never, ever done anything wrong.[/citation]
Ah, but it's okay for Facebook to hack and sell all of an individual's data that is placed on Facebook when that individual only wants to share it with their true friends and family? I'd say that's pretty much wrong on Facebook's account.

Hilarion

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2008
Thanks to Firefox and Adblock Facebook is no longer a problem. It is blocked and my web surfing remains uncluttered and un-spied upon by the evil Facebook. I'm not even bothered with their hideous and intrusive "Like" button anymore.

Thank you Firefox and Adblock!

Kelavarus

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2009
[citation][nom]Hilarion[/nom]Ah, but it's okay for Facebook to hack and sell all of an individual's data that is placed on Facebook when that individual only wants to share it with their true friends and family? I'd say that's pretty much wrong on Facebook's account.[/citation]

... That's not called hacking, you idiot. That individual gave Facebook their information, and didn't read all the fine print.

If you want to keep your information private, don't put it on the Internet.

Hilarion

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2008
[citation][nom]Kelavarus[/nom]... That's not called hacking, you idiot. That individual gave Facebook their information, and didn't read all the fine print. If you want to keep your information private, don't put it on the Internet.[/citation]
They did when they first joined way back when, but then Facebook changed the rules without giving you a chance to lockup your information before Facebook revealed it.

True it might not qualify as hacking but it sure does qualify as unethical.

G

sliem

Yeah, no one should use the internet to buy/sell anything, send personal email, chat with another person personally, share anything at all instantaneously with friends and family at all.

That's essentially saying: when on the internet, you do not have a right to privacy, nor can you ask for it, nor should you expect it.

Whohoo.

So the next time you go to the airport, and you accidentally brought toothpaste, you would have no problem with authorities publicly strip searching you in front of everyone. For the safety of our country, right?

Congrats on that logic.

thackstonns

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2008
Man I hope facebook dies off. It is annoying and I cant wait to delete my page (only reason I dont close it now, is so I dont get a million emails about why im not on facebook anymore). It was a failed social experiment.

liemfukliang

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2008
Hmmm correction, FB didn't cencor it. It was my super duper strange Indonesia internet connection that make I am failed to post FB. So now you can post this Toms link to all your friends :).

G

google, Microsoft, apple, facebook, myspace, and walmart will one day take over the world. This is just the beginning.

Status
Not open for further replies.