Facebook CEO Called Trusting Users ''Dumb F***s''

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kahless01

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2009
actually it doesnt matter if you delete your account. if anyone remembers the story a year or so ago facebook changed their privacy policy at that time to say that even if your delete your account it will stay on their servers forever and they will be allowed to use your deleted account or any other account for/in any of their advertising and you wont get a cent for it because you agreed in the very beginning when you signed up to abide by their rules and continually agree to abide by them as "these rules are subject to change at any time". but as we recently learned noone reads that huge policy when they sign up for anything.

Strider-Hiryu_79

Distinguished
May 5, 2010
[citation][nom]lamorpa[/nom]Jane: Where you drunk when you wrote this article? Take a second pass and correct the typo's and atrocious sentence structure.[/citation]

Sure grammar cop. Here's a tip. Get outside and breath the fresh air. Oxygen is good for the brain. You sound like an affected harvard grammar student affected by the events of this article. Is Mark your best friend? Or rather, did you believe him to be? Awwwwwwwwwww

righteous fury

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2009
[citation][nom]Kahless01[/nom]actually it doesnt matter if you delete your account. if anyone remembers the story a year or so ago facebook changed their privacy policy at that time to say that even if your delete your account it will stay on their servers forever and they will be allowed to use your deleted account or any other account for/in any of their advertising and you wont get a cent for it because you agreed in the very beginning when you signed up to abide by their rules and continually agree to abide by them as "these rules are subject to change at any time". but as we recently learned noone reads that huge policy when they sign up for anything.[/citation]

WTF?!?!? OMG, STFU!!! I'm totally going to sue now!... or maybe now... or now?... or...

bison88

Distinguished
May 24, 2009
Thanks to Leo Leportes latest Google Podcast this morning I made the initial step in deleting my facebook profile this morning. Although you have to stay away from all Facebook use in every way for 14 days I rarely use it anyways. I find the attitude, not just the policies, of Facebook fucking appalling.

How did these kids ever become CEO's, seriously? Probably one of the worst batch of young kids turned into Tech Success that I've seen in a long while.

feeddagoat

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2010
People who use social networking sites are dumb f**** After all, how many actually read the policies and then complain when they post information that gets them into trouble. As far as im concerned anything that i put online is open game for anyone. If I don't want anyone to see, I don't put it up.

Pyroflea

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2007
As much as an asshole as he is, I do somewhat agree with what he's saying. These people put their names, addresses, phone numbers, date of birth, place of birth, etc. on these websites. Having that much information about yourself so readily available to the public isn't exactly the best idea. All I have is my name, current city and birthday on my profile. The less information you make available, the safer you are.

Did I mention he's an asshole though? :p

smlong

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2006
I don't know what information he's referring to or how it is that people submitting information to him apparently without being solicited.

But, he's basically admitting that he himself is not trustworthy. He is basically admitting to being a complete douche. Interesting ...

Strider-Hiryu_79

Distinguished
May 5, 2010
[citation][nom]gm0n3y[/nom]Does anybody else wonder why that kid's face is getting attacked by a keyboard tentacle?[/citation]

Answer : cannabis(various forms)

I wonder why they all look so demonic.

Upon closer inspection of the picture posted above; their eyes appear to be so bloodshot that one of them thinks they can play a mini piano by inhaling into an attached cord and another thinks they can actually play the guitar.

Either that or by chance they volunteered their eyeballs for organ donation.

And people trust this guy with their info? What's this world coming to?

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
[citation][nom]Strider-Hiryu_79[/nom]I wonder why they all look so demonic.Upon closer inspection of the picture posted above; their eyes appear to be so bloodshot that one of them thinks they can play a mini piano by inhaling into an attached cord and another thinks they can actually play the guitar.Either that or by chance they volunteered their eyeballs for organ donation.And people trust this guy with their info? What's this world coming to?[/citation]
I blame camera red-eye for that.

tacoslave

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2009
[citation][nom]lamorpa[/nom]Jane: Where you drunk when you wrote this article? Take a second pass and correct the typo's and atrocious sentence structure.[/citation]

"Where" you drunk?

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
[citation][nom]visa[/nom]Suing him for what? This is a free site. This is what I don't understand about people when they bitch and moan about Facebook privacy. You don't pay anything for it and it's not something you have to have.I have a Facebook account but I sure as hell don't post anything inappropriate. Just don't put private information on the site and you'll be fine.[/citation]

its not matter of rather or not you pay for it , its a matter of law and waht is illeagal, the information is posted publicly on face book thien you made it public domain , however , its the information that is not publicly posted that is a concern here . often these websites require non public information to get an account , and it is HIGHLY illeagal for them to give that info out period. the article is talkign about him giving out the private info that they use when you get an account. wghich regardless of rather or not the account is free that information is private and he ahs legal obligatriosn to NOT jsut ahnd it over to any one that ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.