Facebook CEO Called Trusting Users ''Dumb F***s''

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Strider-Hiryu_79

Distinguished
May 5, 2010
[citation][nom]simple11[/nom]Oh no my email and sn!!!!!! Those are like my social security and credit card numbers right??[/citation]

I wonder if any facebook users actually put up their bank account and credit card numbers for "ease of banking" on their facebook page and tell their banks "i don't need to give ya any info just go to my facebook page! It's all there!......privacy? WTF?! why would i want to set it to private? how else can i show you my info?!"

Yuka

Distinguished
May 3, 2007
We need to update our children's teaching phrases:

"Never talk to strangers and NEVER EVER FOR THE LOVE OF YOUR DIVINE FAITH IMAGE give your data for free on the internet".

"Always look to both sides of the road while crossing and ALWAYS CHECK FOR ANY MALWARE PROGRAM running on the background before submitting passwords into sites".

Sounds about right to me.

Cheers! :p

mouser21

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2010
[citation][nom]dan117[/nom]PS: Google should totally buy them and get rid of the CEO.[/citation]

That would only make the douchebag much richer than he is right now.

proxy711

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2009
He wasn't even CEO of anything yet when he said that he was speaking about other projects he did when he was in college...doesn't have anything to do with facebook in its current state.

i sure wouldn't apologize to a group of people about an unrelated comment not even about them 10 years ago...would you?

proxy711

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2009
He wasn't even CEO of anything yet!

The article the majority of you didn't even read states this conversation was started soon after facebook was started when he was in college...doesn't have anything to do with facebook in its current state.

Good of Jane to post a quote from an article leave out the most important part....when and where it was said.

G

I don't facebook, but I'm always surprised by the callousness of too many posters. User contracts don't protect you from criminal activity. Stupid people are equally protected by privacy laws as the informed.

The problems aren't going to be solved if people just sit back and and say the victim deserves what they get. I don't want too much government involvement in the web, but I still want the cheaters and schemers to be prosecuted.

Even if this never sees the inside of a criminal court you can bet some hungry lawyer will sue and make some money.

Silmarunya

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
Against the infinite stupidity of the average Internet user, especially those lingering on Facebook and its many clones, even the most stringent privacy law won't help.

Zuckerberg's respect for privacy (or lack thereof) is a disgrace. However, if everybody just used some common sense on the Net, such types wouldn't stand a chance...

fsjgu

Distinguished
May 16, 2010
love how people get on here and bash social networking, its great if you know how to use it, ya you have to be careful. But really in the end, if you realize you're not that important, and that people aren't after you(which I know is hard for Americans) its not that big a deal.

Ciuy

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2009
good for him, he did something in his life wtf, not all is be good and right. You ever think that maybe he is right? Dumb F***s ...

chinmoy1955

Distinguished
May 14, 2010
That was then. Having grown this big, I hope Facebook/Zuck have developed the ethical and social responsibilities needed running a social networking site. Heck, if you're making millions out of your members, you should at least have the moral responsibility to protect them.
How naive to think so! I have rarely seen a person change his nature, especially people with crooked nature. Whether the site grows big or not, don't expect any kind of improvement in the policies of the owner. Rather, it is the moral responsibility of the elders and more mature users of the internet to guide and help the newbies in safe practices while on the net.

spoofedpacket

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2009
[citation][nom]flaminggerbil[/nom]Cant wait until people start suing him.[/citation]

Every article someone says this.. WTF would they sue him over?

jalek

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2007
They should link this site to the personalization service, then people with fb accounts could be linked to their profiles, and the site could have access to them and their "friends".

The guy may be a douche, but he's making money doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.