Facebook CEO Called Trusting Users ''Dumb F***s''

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

my question is who believes any of the stuff on facebook, or "social networking'' site. you have to think that "amy in la'' is really some creep in his basement with 40 screen names. but, hey, you're CONNECTED.

matt87_50

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009
[citation][nom]visa[/nom]Suing him for what? This is a free site. This is what I don't understand about people when they bitch and moan about Facebook privacy. You don't pay anything for it and it's not something you have to have.I have a Facebook account but I sure as hell don't post anything inappropriate. Just don't put private information on the site and you'll be fine.[/citation]

true. but free or not, if they promise privacy (and I'm pretty sure there are LAWS in place to force them to) and they don't deliver, they can be litigated against (a civil case would be far from the worst thing they have to deal with...)

G

Not a very helpful comment - grow up. This guy needs to go if facebook is to survive.

This also points out the flaw in logic for "cloud computing" putting sensitive corporate information online - completely retarded.

Come to think of it, this is also the same issue with outsourcing. I know at our big four firm, outsourcing projects honestly couldn't have gone worse. All those savings, were spent on emergency fixes to screwed up projects, lost clients, and lost work.

Boomers - using today's technology to screw things up faster.

pcfxer

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2007
Facebook = Free.

It is therefore, the responisbility of users to accept the responsibility of their actions. This is akin to complaining about the "internet" caching some post you made over ten years ago. That is how the internet works. Live with it.

Hilarion

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2008
[citation][nom]pcfxer[/nom]Facebook = Free.It is therefore, the responisbility of users to accept the responsibility of their actions. This is akin to complaining about the "internet" caching some post you made over ten years ago. That is how the internet works. Live with it.[/citation]
Facebook != Free. (!= NOT EQUAL) The cost is everything you place on it as Zuckerberg seems to think it's HIS property after that to do with and profit on as he sees fit. Zuckerberg has responsibilities here also. He isn't holding up his end though. So for something that is supposedly "FREE" you end up paying with your life.

Very unethical, Zuckerberg.

Grims

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2008
Typo on the title "Facebook CEO, Mark Zuckerberg, offered a friend access to users' email addresses, photos and screen names."

De La NoChe

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2008
[citation][nom]dan117[/nom]PS: Google should totally buy them and get rid of the CEO.[/citation]

not sure that would fix the problem. Google doesnt really care about our privacy. They also want to make a profit and would also probably use our personal info for that reason.

tommysch

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
[citation][nom]fairisfair[/nom]I don't facebook, but I'm always surprised by the callousness of too many posters. User contracts don't protect you from criminal activity. Stupid people are equally protected by privacy laws as the informed.The problems aren't going to be solved if people just sit back and and say the victim deserves what they get. I don't want too much government involvement in the web, but I still want the cheaters and schemers to be prosecuted.Even if this never sees the inside of a criminal court you can bet some hungry lawyer will sue and make some money.[/citation]

The internet is the modern day wild west, if you dont like it just stop leeching my bandwidth.

ronch79

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2010
I have to admit, it's mean of him to say that, but I have to admit, too, that people who put all their stuff on FB ARE dumb f***s. Why would you want everyone to know you had a fight with your boyfriend? Why would you want everyone to know you're now eating at Taco Bell? Or why would you want everyone to see all your frickin' photos? Not all friends are close to you, after all. The Sucker is just being honest.

bildo123

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2007
[citation][nom]flaminggerbil[/nom]Cant wait until people start suing him.[/citation]

How? There's an agreement to be accepted in order to create a facebook account. Standard CYA policy, try again.

rooket

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
Things like this make me happy I don't have a facebook or myspace.

I have tried out myspace in the past just to check on people's hidden profiles but always put false information and always deleted the account within 2 days.

These sites breed morons anyway. Doesn't surprise me that the creator of the site is a moron as well.

aletoil

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2010
Man, im glad I stayed away from that site. People spend more time leaving messages than meeting up with me. Thats not how I "hang out" with friends. In fact, if your like me, youve gotten an invite by one or both of your parents. THAT REALLY sh&ts on the whole thing.

shadowmaster625

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2007
Facebook is a badly designed bloated clusterf**k, and anyone who uses it is a god forsaken moron. Really, what can you possibly expect from a bunch of punks? True innovation rarely comes from youth. I dont know why people are so eager to be scammed, in every way imaginable. I understand the allure of being a fluoride headed television zombie, but at least let's all agree to use a decently designed website.

killerb255

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2006
19 year olds tend not to have very good foresight into the consequences of their actions.

Should a 19 year old version of yourself be a 100% accurate representation of, say, a 35 year old version of yourself? Unless you have a Personality Disorder (or are just too damn complacent to grow up), the answer is usually "no."

Status
Not open for further replies.