Facebook, FBI Shut Down $850 Million Botnet Crime Ring

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingArcher

Distinguished
May 19, 2010
[citation]"Yahos targeted Facebook users from 2010 to October 2012, and security systems were able to detect affected accounts and provide tools to remove these threats."[/citation]

Could you provide details on the tools to remove these threats

KingArcher

Distinguished
May 19, 2010
""Yahos targeted Facebook users from 2010 to October 2012, and security systems were able to detect affected accounts and provide tools to remove these threats.""

Zak Islam, could you provide details on the tools to remove these threats?

aoneone

Distinguished
May 27, 2011
Seriously how can you be so mindless that you would actually let your computer be infected with malware and not do anything about it?

There are so many ways to remove, isolate, and quarantine it. If those people don't know any better, they deserve to be infected if you ask me. Sorry but it's the truth and sometimes truth hurts.. ^_^

stingstang

Distinguished
May 11, 2009
I don't see why we would punish those who take advantage of people who aren't smart enough to protect themselves. It's how our race evolved.
Before the sh*tstorm starts, this is a completely different issue from the argument you're thinking i'm supporting, "Why don't stronger people just kill all the weaker people, then?"

memadmax

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011
[citation][nom]stingstang[/nom]I don't see why we would punish those who take advantage of people who aren't smart enough to protect themselves. It's how our race evolved.Before the sh*tstorm starts, this is a completely different issue from the argument you're thinking i'm supporting, "Why don't stronger people just kill all the weaker people, then?"[/citation]

It will happen soon enough, and an entire generation of kids that were raised by barney and elmo(that are now adults) will have their entire view of the world suddenly brought back to reality... either peacefully or kicking and screaming...

mightymaxio

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2009
[citation][nom]memadmax[/nom]It will happen soon enough, and an entire generation of kids that were raised by barney and elmo(that are now adults) will have their entire view of the world suddenly brought back to reality... either peacefully or kicking and screaming...[/citation]
Well for one then the average person would need to know everything then. That's the same excuse that people use as Mechanics saying "Pshh that guy was stupid to get an oil change, why doesn't he do it himself?". All I am saying is that for someone to complain that there are "Stupid" users and they should all die is pretty ignorant and naive themselves especially when that person might be your Mom or Dad for example.

bin1127

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2008
[citation][nom]aoneone[/nom]Seriously how can you be so mindless that you would actually let your computer be infected with malware and not do anything about it?There are so many ways to remove, isolate, and quarantine it. If those people don't know any better, they deserve to be infected if you ask me. Sorry but it's the truth and sometimes truth hurts.. ^_^[/citation]

Hey hey, we're talking about facebook users. Don't take them for computer literate tech saavy experts. They post credit card info and flash nude pictures of themselves online. That's what they do.

dextermat

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2007
In the new Fake microsoft support steals more than 100 billions to user but, FBI, Banks, Credit card company won't do anything about it because it's more profitable this way....

stingstang

Distinguished
May 11, 2009
[citation][nom]mightymaxio[/nom]Well for one then the average person would need to know everything then. That's the same excuse that people use as Mechanics saying "Pshh that guy was stupid to get an oil change, why doesn't he do it himself?". All I am saying is that for someone to complain that there are "Stupid" users and they should all die is pretty ignorant and naive themselves especially when that person might be your Mom or Dad for example.[/citation]
No, you completely missed the last half of the comment. I'm not wishing death on anyone.

Look at the comment above advertising for a market website, accepting credit cards. Think this is a scam? It damn well 100% is a freaking scam. If you can see it, I can see it, and 3 others can see it (according to thumbs) then anyone with a normal amount of common sense won't be caught by this scam.
Adding to this, anyone on a lower echelon of cognitive thinking will think, "Hey, online deals! Shut up and take my money!"
1. Do you want these types of people to be cushioned from being taken advantage of financially? They won't be bankrupt from this. They may not even notice anything happened.
2. Are these evil people taking money from the honest population? Not necessarily. If they were rich, they wouldn't be involved in a business as risky as this. Besides, those who are rich actually take more money and advantage of more people than username: gloing70 ever could.
Take EA for instance.... Do I even need to say more?

madjimms

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2011
[citation][nom]dextermat[/nom]In the new Fake microsoft support steals more than 100 billions to user but, FBI, Banks, Credit card company won't do anything about it because it's more profitable this way....[/citation]
You're a moron...

Status
Not open for further replies.