Facebook Finally Announces Pricing of IPO

Status
Not open for further replies.

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
$16 billion of shares? Doesn't give much clue as to company value when we don't know what percentage of the company these shares represent
Is this "write half a story" day?

MajinCry

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2011
"How long will it take before they're all sold?"

Worst line to use in the first sentence of an article about shares.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
Yahoo came and went and so will Facebook.
A few will have cleaned up royally and the rest will be whining about yet another bad .COM investment.

seriously; there is no substance behind this so called 100 Billion business except a ton of duplicate and/or dead FB accounts.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]freggo[/nom]Yahoo came and went and so will Facebook.A few will have cleaned up royally and the rest will be whining about yet another bad .COM investment.seriously; there is no substance behind this so called 100 Billion business except a ton of duplicate and/or dead FB accounts.[/citation]

they have more info on you than anyone else, sell that info at a higher price because more targeted... they are a marketing jugernaught right now and the only one that could rival google, if that tells you anything...

that stock will over inflate, i guarantee that, but if you get in early enough, you could easily clean up.

G

Alidan:

I have some hair tonic here that grows back hair. Buy some from me.

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]freggo[/nom]Yahoo came and went and so will Facebook.A few will have cleaned up royally and the rest will be whining about yet another bad .COM investment.seriously; there is no substance behind this so called 100 Billion business except a ton of duplicate and/or dead FB accounts.[/citation]
Thing is, even if FB went belly up tomorrow, The Zuck will still walk away with billions in his back pocket and spend the rest of his life playing Xbox in a hammock being served endless Mojitos by naked Balinese dancing girls.

hoofhearted

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2004
Well yeah, this is obvious. If you get in and out at the right time, you can make some money with this one, but as far as a long term invest thing, I don't see this house of cards doing it.

frank_drebin

Honorable
Feb 29, 2012
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]Thing is, even if FB went belly up tomorrow, The Zuck will still walk away with billions in his back pocket and spend the rest of his life playing Xbox in a hammock being served endless Mojitos by naked Balinese dancing girls.[/citation]

Isn't that the whole purpose of ALL IPOs???

Osmin

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2012
Welfare for the rich program created by Wall Street to reward their richest customers . Facebook IPO sold at $38 for the wealthy clients only, so they can double their money in a single day. Public stock that can only be purchased by those that currently invest more than $250,000 in the stock market. Everyone else must buy regurgitated stock at double the cost.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]Thing is, even if FB went belly up tomorrow, The Zuck will still walk away with billions in his back pocket and spend the rest of his life playing Xbox in a hammock being served endless Mojitos by naked Balinese dancing girls.[/citation]

I doubt it.
Moron got married the next day... So no Mojitos from naked Balinese girls or his wife will get out the pre-nup and have a close looks as to what her options are :)

Status
Not open for further replies.