Facebook Incredibly Slow (almost unusable) in Chrome

Status
Not open for further replies.

mucinc

Honorable
Apr 20, 2012
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this so sorry if it's in the wrong section.

On every computer I've used in the past maybe 2 years, from 2 different powerful desktops, to 3 different laptops and friends computers, my Facebook is incredibly slow, to the point that it's almost unusable. I just end up using the app on my phone most of the time and have mostly given up trying to use the website.

It seem to work fine in other browsers, tried IE and Firefox and it works, still fairly slow but a lot faster than in Chrome. It doesn't matter what network I'm on as this happens on my laptop on wi-fi anywhere I'm on and as well on my desktop which is hard wired.

I have tried, disabling all extension, using incognito mode and no change. I cannot find anything with any of the computers or networks I've used that would cause this so I'm thinking it could be something with settings related to my Facebook account itself, which still seems weird as this only happens in Chrome.

Solution
I actually figured out after doing some more googling. It was being caused by the amount of active session that the account was in on various devices. There were something like 400 active session from as far back as 2012. I ended all of those and it seems to be working fine now.

If anyone else has this issue, all you have to do is go to: Setting > Security, Click on the "Where You're Logged in " tab and end all the sessions.

mucinc

Honorable
Apr 20, 2012
I actually figured out after doing some more googling. It was being caused by the amount of active session that the account was in on various devices. There were something like 400 active session from as far back as 2012. I ended all of those and it seems to be working fine now.

If anyone else has this issue, all you have to do is go to: Setting > Security, Click on the "Where You're Logged in " tab and end all the sessions.

Solution

garultz

Prominent
Aug 13, 2017
This has been driving me crazy for a while. For me the solution was in disabling a Chrome extension. Figured this out by trying incognito mode which worked fine. So then it was a matter of tracking down the problem.

Fadari

Estimable
Mar 28, 2014

Thank you!!! Worked brilliantly!

Status
Not open for further replies.