Facebook is a 'Social Network of The Past', Says Google

Status
Not open for further replies.

SneakySnake

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2009
Google Plus is a "Social Network that no one uses" says every who made an account and hasn't looked at it in the last 6 months.

Google just wants us to make accounts to get more user info

balev

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2009
If youtube is something to go by, then google+ will also turn annoying.

There are FAR too many advertisements on youtube now...

Marcus52

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
If you are one of those people that think Facebook is a security issue (like me), then Google+ is even less appealing.

I'm not interested in using a service that claims ownership of every word I post using it.

G

[citation][nom]balev[/nom]If youtube is something to go by, then google+ will also turn annoying.There are FAR too many advertisements on youtube now...[/citation]
Just use the add-ons AdBlock, NoScript, Ghostery, Request Policy and you will never see advertisements again, ever.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
I don't have a Facebook account, but Google+ is a bit of a ghost town. It has gotten a little better for me since a bunch of my friends and family have been forced to use it if they want to contact me online. The G+ interface is really good, better than what I've seen of Facebook. Of course if everyone and their dog gets a G+ account I may have to abandon that as well. The main reason I like G+ is that few people use it.

bllue

Honorable
Aug 15, 2012
Social networking is dead as a whole. We'll probably see something new come up and get the attraction of people. For now I don't think anyone would even go to G+, there's just no reason to.

j2j663

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2011
Look its the pot calling the kettle black. Except Google+ is a really tiny pot and Facebook is a really big kettle.

masterasia

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2009
I like the idea of Google+. Constant feeds about topics you're interested in. I like Google Hangout so that's the main reason why have a Google+ account. Other than that, I can care less. I hate it that Google suggests people I don't even know to be part of my circles, and they show up all the time. How do I disable that?

I also have a Facebook and Twitter account. I only signed up on Facebook because I'm a developer. I don't post on Facebook unless it's to showoff a new expensive tech toy I just got. I don't send friend requests, but will accept friend requests from people I know. I also hide myself from the public. Fuck Facebook!

Twitter never really caught my eye. I can careless what people are thinking. I don't need to know what they are doing every hour of they day.

Call me old fashion, but I'm just not into Social Media. If it doesn't die soon, I'll have no choice but to join in all the fun someday because rumor has it, that in the future, your internet profile will be considered when you're applying for a job.

tomaz99

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2010
[citation][nom]balev[/nom]If youtube is something to go by, then google+ will also turn annoying.There are FAR too many advertisements on youtube now...[/citation]

Then you may have to pay to upload massive amounts of videos. While I may find your videos of your cat playing with a ball of yarn for 10 minutes cute...or your kids slipping on ice entertaining...I don't see how everything can/should be free.

If it were "my" site i'd look to recoup the costs :)

internetlad

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2011
[citation][nom]tomaz99[/nom]Then you may have to pay to upload massive amounts of videos. While I may find your videos of your cat playing with a ball of yarn for 10 minutes cute...or your kids slipping on ice entertaining...I don't see how everything can/should be free.If it were "my" site i'd look to recoup the costs[/citation]

They do, through advertising.

like the banner ads on the front page, the 5-30 second ads while watching videos and the ads inside the music videos you watch (justin beiber talking on a samsung smartphone)

they aren't hemmorhaging money on youtube by any means.

techy74

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2011
I see a lot of 'like us on Facebook ' until i see any 'add us on Google +1' , Facebook will still be number 1. It is very rare to see any reference to +1 (even if everyone with a gmail account already is on +1.

Status
Not open for further replies.