Facebook Launches Video Calling for Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

reggieray

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2010
ZZZzzzz, will never join any of those lame ass "look at me right now" sites. Now I'm going outside and ride my bike in the real world.

pythonic13

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2010
@ReggieRay you will be the only one biking outside, everyones inside on the "look at me right now" sites, but perhaps if you went on facebook and organized a biking event......

G

It's really weird how most tech enthusiasts loathe Facebook with a passion, yet the rest of the world generally like it a lot.

I'll get rated down to oblivion for even suggesting this, but I think it's partly just snobbery from an audience of smartarses who claim to have a problem with Facebook's privacy but just haven't actually bothered to sit down and learn to use Facebook's privacy tools properly, so when something else comes along to that looks 'cleaner' and 'newer' they all jump on board as if it's offering a fundamentally superior service than useless old Facebook. The reality is; it's offering little more than Facebook offers, if you bother to spend 30 seconds finding it.

I'm seeing countless tech review websites singing songs about Google+'s 'circles' feature, and how you can restrict certain posts to certain categories of people. Of course, Facebook groups haven't offered this for three years, right? And yes, believe it or not, you can also disable news feeds from Farmville in Facebook (and any other application for that matter). Another 10 second job.

I won't drone on, but Facebook really isn't as bad as most of you guys crack it up to be.

tsnorquist

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2009
[citation][nom]alexkitch[/nom]I won't drone on, but Facebook really isn't as bad as most of you guys crack it up to be.[/citation]

I think most of us techies would agree that Facebook needs to be cast back into the fiery pits of hell where it spawned.

Status
Not open for further replies.