Facebook looks like coder's nightmare

JadeThorne

Commendable
Jun 9, 2016
I use Chrome as my main browser, and I'm running Win 10 Pro. Need to get that out of the way first.

I cannot get Facebook to load on any browser except Edge - and I hate Edge. I'm including a photo of what I get on Chrome and Firefox both.

I've cleared cache, deleted cookies, deleted browsing history, ran C Cleaner 4 times, ran Kaspersky, ran Malwarebytes, disabled extensions, disabled Adobe, restarted my computer ... nothing is working. Absolutely nothing. I'm at a loss as to why this is happening. I'm pretty tech savvy, but this is beyond me at this point. If the photo posts double, I apologize. I wasn't sure which URL to use. If it doesn't post, I've obviously done something wrong and will someone be so kind as to explain how to post? I've got it uploaded to Flickr.

dateposted-public

H5GcM9

SinxarKnights

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2007
That is unusual.

The only thing I can think of to try is uninstall them and clean up any mess they leave behind and try again. I had an adblock filter enabled that caused that once. Never did find out which caused it as I just switched to a different one instead.

JadeThorne

Commendable
Jun 9, 2016

So, uninstall all extensions and then run C Cleaner?

It happened on a brand new install of Firefox that had no extensions or anything, if that helps. I literally downloaded Firefox just to see if it would work on that. Nope. Still got that white screen absolutely filled with letters, numbers, and symbols.

JadeThorne

Commendable
Jun 9, 2016
Hey, I'm checking in today to see if anyone has any ideas what's going on here. It's still like this today for me. Nothing has changed. I've done nothing to my system new, haven't added any new programs or anything. And Edge is horrible. I can't upload any photos through Edge whatsoever.

JadeThorne

Commendable
Jun 9, 2016

Hardwired to router via Cat5. Router settings haven't been changed, and I can go to any site but Facebook. This makes absolutely no sense to me. I've tried contacting Chrome and Facebook both, but neither site seems to be interested that I'm having this annoying weird issue.

mjslakeridge

Distinguished
I know it doesn't help you, but I just wanted to confirm that it is not some global issue with Facebook or Chrome. Have you tried using Chrome on a mobile device connected via WIFI to your router? That would rule out router settings (I think).

JadeThorne

Commendable
Jun 9, 2016

My devices are all Android - not sure if that makes a difference, but I was able to connect via the tablet but not the phone.

Regardless, I was finally able to log on half an hour ago via Chrome. No explanation for what happened from anyone. I sincerely hope this never happens again, as no one seemed to know why ...

mjslakeridge

Distinguished
Glad you are now able to log in via Chrome. I too do not like when unexplained things happen. If it is something I messed up playing with settings or something else I don't fully understand that's one thing.

I make images of my OS drive about once per month, and keep 2 or 3 month's worth of images. That way, if I mess something up, suspect a virus, or get a weird situation like you have, I can restore from the image in 15 minutes or less.

rucnshus

Commendable
Jun 10, 2016

I'm having the same issue on my laptop (Windows 7). Strangest thing I've ever seen, and it seems to have occurred around the same time as it did with you. I tried all the previously mentioned attempts at fixing it, but to no avail. Unfortunately, I have no explanation of what's going on and no suggestions for a fix. I just wanted to let you know there's someone else out here having the same problem. I did however, notice that it's isolated to just my laptop. There's no problem with any of my other computers. Perhaps, it will just resolve itself.