Facebook May Go IPO on Wednesday

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I wonder if they're going to do 'buy one stock get one persons info free' deal

beayn

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
Sock jokes aside, this will mean more advertising injected everywhere, more stupid apps you can't block and more of your private information being sold. Once a company goes public, it's all down hill as they must increase profit by any means necessary.

balev

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2009
Don't stop (was almost gonna say sock) the sock jokes, they're awesome.

But, yes, what beayn said... Once it goes public, it could go very bad. I don't mind, though. Google+ is orright.

del35

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
Facebook is a terrible disease and Suckerberg is full of it. Let me just say though that even this being the case, it might not be a bad idea to invest in this company rather than handing your hard earned dollars to the banksters to lend at 5 times the interest rates they are paying you in a bank account. We all know Facebook has done nothing for technology or the people it serves, except put their privacy at risk and push Americans closer to Orwell's 1984. Facebook, is one of those companies receiving unconditional support from the USA media, and I am almost certain that parasites like The New York Times will be purchasing shares or derivatives on this company knowing full well that they will reap lots of benefits from all the hype "genius" Sucker and his company have been showered with. Those wishing to keep ahead of the game can capitalize on the hype even if we know that it is a dark and ugly rigged game. Hopefully one day the people will be liberated from companies like Facebook and and iCrap; until then people wishing to keep ahead of the ball can cash in on the hype and work behind the scene spreading the word to undermine these deadly msm-mediated behemoths.

xerroz

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2010
Don't invest in this. Within 3 years it will start to decline just like every other "networking" site in the pass has and be dead by the 2020. It's a not a stock worth the investment, although you could make a couple of bucks if you buy now and sell next year. It's a fad and fads die eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.