Google HQ:

- Modern Gym
- Pool
- Big ass lunch room
- Snack aisles
- The walls are your drawing boards
- You can take your pet to work
etc. etc.

That facebook video sucked in showing why its good to work at facebook. Google HQ looked like a freaking fun zone.

bin1127

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2008
When the company depends on innovation (Google more than facebook) to be successful, a working environment that is free and doesn't stifle the mind is imperative to creativity. You can't do the same stuffing people into cubicles.

Companies selling tangible products does not need freedom in the workplace. The bottom line comes from moving product and results can be attained from coercion or financial incentives. The accountant is not encouraged to expressed creativity along with other beaureaucrats. Which is why only CEO and directors does business on the golf course and your lunch room has stained carpets and creaking chairs.

Gundam288

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2011
[citation][nom]sixdegree[/nom]Now, if only they made "Worst Company to Work For" list.[/citation]
I think that title is one that EA holds.

billgatez

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2012
[citation][nom]lpedraja2002[/nom]Facebook HQ:- Ping pong table- Snack aisle- TreadmillGoogle HQ:- Modern Gym- Pool- Big ass lunch room- Snack aisles- The walls are your drawing boards- You can take your pet to worketc. etc.That facebook video sucked in showing why its good to work at facebook. Google HQ looked like a freaking fun zone.[/citation]
I have to agree with Google being the better company.

G

I don't have a Facebook account (if that's the right way to describe it) But, this article/video seems to me, to be propaganda for a company that is trying to extend is use-by-date.

f-14

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
[citation][nom]lpedraja2002[/nom]Facebook HQ:- Ping pong table- Snack aisle- TreadmillGoogle HQ:- Modern Gym- Pool- Big ass lunch room- Snack aisles- The walls are your drawing boards- You can take your pet to worketc. etc.That facebook video sucked in showing why its good to work at facebook. Google HQ looked like a freaking fun zone.[/citation]

google just laid off half it's motorola work force, so there's going to be a lot of negative voting right there. oh plus the dupilcate divisions just being out right canned.

as far as apple goes, 100,000 foxconn workers can't be wrong! what's the death toll at now?

[citation][nom]sixdegree[/nom]Now, if only they made "Worst Company to Work For" list.[/citation]

that would be the military, which ever ones are at war.the work place death rate makes even apples foxconn death toll numbers look fantastic! but as far as apples brain damage and not being able to breath vs losing an arm leg or an eye in the military, i'd take military any day.

f-14

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
[citation][nom]3EXTINCT[/nom]I don't have a Facebook account (if that's the right way to describe it) But, this article/video seems to me, to be propaganda for a company that is trying to extend is use-by-date.[/citation]

certain toms personnel hold facebook stock which has done nothing but lose value from day 1. also their paid advertisers hold stock also.

burmese_dude

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2011
We're FoxConn.

No better attractive slogan for a company to draw workforce than "We haven't had an employee kill himself in 2 months."

What you got FB and Google? Free meal? Gym?

Status
Not open for further replies.