Facebook Now Has Quick Delete Account Option?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chickenhoagie

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2010
"We may retain certain information to prevent identity theft and other misconduct even if deletion has been requested,"

------------

to prevent identity theft..pssh, doubt that.

Nightskeeter

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2010
"We may retain certain information to prevent identity theft and other misconduct even if deletion has been requested,"

Laughs. If you get your Identity stolen on FACEBook, you shouldn't use a computer. Last time I checked, they would need your social security number.

Only silly people type that online.

And only, well.. Brainless people would GIVE it out to people.

I to, think they are hiding the real truth behind it.

Hovaucf

Distinguished
May 6, 2008
Your identity can be stolen with much less than your ss#, such as your name & dob which i'm sure many facebook users have listed.

tu_illegalamigo

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2010
It`s that damn NSA again, with Martians and Kennedy`s assassins thrown in as well. I hope they just keep your info in order to sell you more shit since facebook info is passed around so much, not that they`re building a "file" on me. /hope

bloodymaze

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
Facebook --> Fail. Sorry I hate it, it's turned into a teenager haven and got ruined from all the damn games they try to put on there, its more about farmville, yoville, ville ville ville etc than networking now.

idisarmu

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2008
Hey guys! Tomshardware blocks your SIN number! See: ****************

/sarcasm. Like the others said: only idiots get their identities stolen.

Clintonio

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2008
Facebook is Fail.

I used the slow delete; I'm happier for it. I love life disconnected. It means I have choice over my connections, rather than being peer pressured into them.

azconnie

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2009
[citation][nom]p05esto[/nom]Facebook/Twitter please die already, your time is over...move on, go get a real life.[/citation]

I have been saying this since the inception of myspace. Personally, I think that thinking people should get together and petition to have this crap banned.

jodrummersh

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2008
So where exactly were these "recent reports" that you based your article on? And why did you still write the piece when you didn't see the option on Facebook yourself? BAH! Got my hopes up.

Status
Not open for further replies.