Facebook Phone May Be Powered by Windows Phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
Microsoft should just advocate getting rid of consoles, period by allowing Windows 8 users to play XBOX 720 games by having a Windows 8 compatible XBOX 720 emulator and allowing your XBOX 720 games to be played in whatever storage drive is used.

mihaimm

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2009
Windows Phone or Bada OS are pretty much the only options for Facebook after they came into... "disagreement" with Google about the Plus move. Can't say I'm surprised they would go for M$... Bada does not seem to go anywhere...

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
so far nobody in our it department who's switched from android to wp7 wants to go back - so I think wp7 is the right os to move to - facebook would just need a different shell than what is used in the regular version, and finish.
ps iSheep keep wanting iphone after iphone although they seem to break all the time. Not sure if iSheep are just clumpsy or the phones are poorly made, but I have a tendancy to assume the latter.

zybch

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010
A good idea. The WP7 OS is a fantastic system even on low power devices and as facebook is baked right into the OS and doesn't need a separate app (for most facebook tasks) its a no-brainer.
I moved from iOS to android and finally to WP and never looked back with each switch.

saltyzip

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2009
Why switch to WP7 now, as I understand your phones won't be upgradeable to WP8 to be released later this year? With two year contracts this doesn't seem very forward thinking to me anyway.

saltyzip

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2009
Facebook's plans are to fragment the market even more by copying Amazon's model. Do we really need every major player having their own App Store, trying to tie you into their own eco system and dependant devices?

All its going to do is push more people Apples way [sigh].

mariusmotea

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2008
[citation][nom]dfgfg[/nom]its a no-brainer.I moved from iOS to android and finally to WP and never looked back with each switch[/citation]
is like saying you move from an Audi A8 to a Opel Corsa and this is an upgrade. Shure you are not an Microsoft boot? Why WP7 have only 1,8 % marketshare if is so great?
I belive Facebook has learn something from Nokia.

G

Huh? Anyone who has WP7 is already knows that it is the facebook phone. Don't change a thing. Facebook even borrowed the grouping feature from WP7.

headscratcher

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2009
[citation][nom]JOSHSKORN[/nom]Microsoft should just advocate getting rid of consoles, period by allowing Windows 8 users to play XBOX 720 games by having a Windows 8 compatible XBOX 720 emulator and allowing your XBOX 720 games to be played in whatever storage drive is used.[/citation]
You act like the only point of the XBOX is to play games. It is much more than that and gives MS an opportunity to own that screen in the home.

techy74

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2011
I can only imagine this would be a win for both Facebook and MS. The have done such a good job integrating Facebook and contacts and updates.

jhansonxi

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
[citation][nom]mihaimm[/nom]Windows Phone or Bada OS are pretty much the only options for Facebook after they came into... "disagreement" with Google about the Plus move. Can't say I'm surprised they would go for M$... Bada does not seem to go anywhere...[/citation]Facebook has enough resources to create it's own phone OS. It doesn't need to partner with anyone. The only real reason to partner with another company is to increase advertising revenue.

impreza

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2006
And what exactly does wp7 do that Android doesn't? My htc phone has everyones status in the contacts, you can quickly upload phones directly from the galley along with everyones tags, you can even upload multiple images to any folder you want, but that is a htc sense feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.