Facebook Photos not rotating

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 18, 2018
I have got a iPad ios 12.1, when I click on a photo on Facebook, when it is in landscape mod, it opens up in portrait mode. (The wrong way round). The same happens when I open my Facebook photo albums.
I have reset the iPad, and removed Facebook and installed it again, still the same. It only happens on Facebook photos.

Nov 21, 2018

Same here....
Temp solution...
I found that, when holding the iPad horizontally, a quick swipe in and out from the left (pulling the "curtain") will rotate the stubborn portrait configuration to landscape ... for that photo only. It has to be done with each photo, but satisfies till FB or iOS updates resolve permanently.

Nov 22, 2018

I have a new iPad, 2 days old, doing the same thing. I’ve been using an iPad for years, but this is a new problem. Seems to only be in Facebook, so interested to see if a ‘fix’ comes out.

Nov 22, 2018

Same thing with my ipad pro and FB. I think it’s a bug in the latest version of the FB app.

Nov 22, 2018

No solution on my end either. I have exactly the same problem and i blame the last Facebook app update from three days ago that did it.

Things I’ve tried:

• Removing and re-installing Facebook
    Locking the orientation of my iPad screen with the “screen lock” button.

I also loaded Facebook in Safari on my iPad and pictures seem to work from Safari. No problem there!

If I orient my iPad in portrait, the Facebook app seems to load pictures just fine. It’s almost as if the Facebook app itself is stuck in portrait mode somehow. Also noticed the iPad dock orients in portrait when viewing Facebook pictures as if it is detecting something improperly. I’m at a loss at the moment.

Nov 22, 2018

My only resolve would be to wait for the next update.

easyheimer

Estimable
Apr 9, 2015
I’ve been having this issue for a while now. Couldn’t find any posts when I first started having the issue of anyone else experiencing this. Glad to see other people are having the issue as well so we can start reporting this and get it fixed.

Nov 25, 2018

I have the same very annoying issue. Have anyone of you reported to Facebook or Apple? It seems that this is almost only thread about this issue that could be easily found with google serch.

Nov 25, 2018

Happening on my iPad too. Here’s my “fix” - I found that after tapping on a photo to view it full screen, if I quickly flip my iPad to portrait mode then back to landscape the photos are in the correct rotation in landscape and I can scroll subsequent photos and they stay correct. Need to do this each time I tap on a photo to see it full screen.

Nov 26, 2018

If you rotate the iPad to portrait and back to landscape, the photos will go back to landscape. A pain but a workaround until they fix it.

Nov 27, 2018
There is a Help/Support option on Facebook, I’ve sent in a report of the issue, but everyone needs to report to Facebook to ensure they know the scope/gravity of the issue and fix!

Nov 28, 2018

My Ipad2 also started doing this today. It’s only happening with Facebook photos when I click on someone’s photo, it swivels it. I’ve tried rebooting and reinstalling FB and this hasn’t helped.

Nov 29, 2018
I have the same problem on my IPad Air2. Happened right after facebook did an auto update. I was on IOS 11. I thought it might not be compatible with IOS 11 and had IOS 12 pending install so let it install and still didn’t fix it. It’s definitely a Facebook app issue and if your IPad Air 2 doesn’t have the issue, it’s most likely because you didn’t run the last update.

Status
Not open for further replies.