Facebook Photos not rotating

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 18, 2018
I have got a iPad ios 12.1, when I click on a photo on Facebook, when it is in landscape mod, it opens up in portrait mode. (The wrong way round). The same happens when I open my Facebook photo albums.
I have reset the iPad, and removed Facebook and installed it again, still the same. It only happens on Facebook photos.

Nov 29, 2018

I’m having this issue as well, don’t worry you’re not the only one. Im having it on my iPad Air 2.

Nov 29, 2018
I have no answer - only the exact same problem. It seems to be linked to the last OS 12.1 update. Maybe fb has to be updated to match the OS update? Just a thought.

Dec 1, 2018

I am having the same issue now for more than 2 weeks did everything now solution

dinkhall

Prominent
Dec 1, 2018
MERGED QUESTION
Question from dinkhall : "Facebook Photos not rotating"

On my iPad, I look at FB in Landscape Orientation. When I click on an image, the image opens in Portrait Orientation. I’ve found no solution but I did find this thread.

Dec 2, 2018
I have not upgraded iOS so it must be a Facebook issue....started a few weeks back. Seems typical these days with updates....no-one seems to want to get things right first....then the blame game starts....

Dec 2, 2018

I have the exact same problem. My rotation is on and I’m also using an iPad Pro . This only happens when I am using Facebook. So I’ll be checking back for a solution to this. I’m also using software version 12.1.

Dec 5, 2018

Dec 5, 2018
It’s happening to mine, hubbys and my fathers iPad face books too I am tearing my hair out but my iPhone is fine looking forward to someone coming up with a solution

Dec 7, 2018

Same here. Going nuts and it’s just a FB issue. I’ve put in help report 2 weeks ago. Pretty sure they’re aware and could take weeks or even months to fix

Dec 7, 2018

Dec 7, 2018
When the photo is incorrectly in portrait mode, swipe in from the left ( bringing down the curtain), then press the home button, and your photos will be now in landscape for that post only.
Need to do this for all posts which isn’t great but.....

Dec 10, 2018
This happens to me too (iPad pro). Ever since the last updates. I’ve scanned the internet for answers but only now are people posting their problem so I’m not the only one. Also, my Facebook Pages app now only opens in portrait screen orientation - it used to open in landscape.

Dec 10, 2018
I have the same problem on my 2018 iPad IOS 12.1, I haven’t upgraded to 12.1.1 yet. It just started recently. I have I reported the problem Facebook today. Glad to see it is not just me. Hope it gets fixed soon..

Dec 10, 2018

Thank you for this temp solution to this annoying problem, I love it!

Status
Not open for further replies.