Facebook Photos not rotating

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 18, 2018
I have got a iPad ios 12.1, when I click on a photo on Facebook, when it is in landscape mod, it opens up in portrait mode. (The wrong way round). The same happens when I open my Facebook photo albums.
I have reset the iPad, and removed Facebook and installed it again, still the same. It only happens on Facebook photos.

Nov 5, 2018

Exactly the same problem here, and now I can’t find any way to report it to Facebook, all the old methods seem to have disappeared. Very frustrating!
Any answers yet?

Dec 10, 2018

On an iPad, in Facebook, go to Menu, Help & Support, Report a Problem. You can add text and pics. I did both. Haven’t heard anything back yet. But maybe if more people report it, it will get in the next fix.

Dec 12, 2018

That is exactly what happens to me on Facebook. I assumed it was due to the latest update as it didn’t happen before.
Let’s hope Apple get a grip on this soon.
jj

Dec 13, 2018

Dec 15, 2018
It’s a bug of the Facebook app. It happened to me too. All Facebook photos shown as portrait. Need to turn the iPad 90 degrees and back to see the photos in landscape.

Nov 27, 2018

timerrin

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2010
Update Facebook...mine is fixed. If it does continue, another way to rotate the photos (besides swiping from left and pressing home buttton) is to swipe from the right about an inch in then move finger diagonally down and right. This also works every time...but it’s a temp fix of course. The Facebook update works well.

Dec 15, 2018

I have the same issue.

Nov 20, 2018

So it did get sorted back in December, but it has started doing it all over again. I have reported it to Facebook. Just have to wait and see if they reply/solve the problem

Jan 31, 2019

I just updated my Facebook for the first time in months and mine is doing it too on iPad air. Still annoying! No idea what you do you fix it

Status
Not open for further replies.