Facebook Surpasses One Billion Users

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Is this thing still around? When you don't have a life of your own... read about mine. We are building our business around targetting the broke students and the huge debt college graduates.

bigdragon

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
My pet has an account on Facebook! I don't though. He likes to sign up for free video game stuff for me when they absolutely require Facebook, likes, and sharing to get loot. What a great pal!

G

[citation][nom]ROBI_G[/nom]why does everyone here have no interest in facebook?[/citation]
Cause there are better things to do in life, than to post every irrelevant moment to strangers.

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
Wow, I understand that people who are sucked into Facebook to post everything they do every 5 minutes are idiots, but that is not the fault of the service. Just because Johnny Douchbag posts "sat on the crapper, will post a picture of the result in a minute" does not mean Facebook is a bad service, it just means that a lot of douchbags know how to use it. The telephone is still used to make idiot prank phone calls but does that mean that "anyone who uses a phone must be a dickhead". The internet full stop draws in extreme types and freaks with ADHD, Facebook simply allows them to share it publicly. I use it solely stay in touch with family and school friends who have moved away and it works great for that, as long as you adjust the setting to filter out stupid game requests and block random people from friend requests it is a good service.

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]ROBI_G[/nom]why does everyone here have no interest in facebook?[/citation]
Because it is cool to hate anything successful, that is why there are so many people that post hate about Apple, Samsung, Microsoft, Intel, AMD, IBM, Google, nVidia - it's the human condition I expect...

Regor245

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2012

Facebook ruined everyone's lives (The World)... Especially those who are still studying.. They can't focus anymore.

Facebook = No lifer.

G

People don’t hate success, they hate stupid people that are only around because it is illegal to kill them. Here we are in a recession and there are plenty of really remarkable companies providing real products and real value to people’s lives but they are being overlooked by investors to invest in crap like FaceBook. What purpose does Facebook serve, only an absolute idiot would be use it. Let’s first force people to join the service before they can look at their friend’s page so that we can claim we have 1 billion users. Next, we attract adolescence and feeble minded idiots to post their most intimate moments and deepest thoughts out there for everyone to see and for all times sake… wow! These same people are then surprised when they get fired for scandals, banned from competitive events from making racist remarks, divorced for being caught cheating, they are even so stupid to post evidence of their own illegal activities. All this so a greedy corporation can learn what buttons to push these stupid lemmings into buying products which they are collecting advertising dollars from. Since by definition, above average intelligence means you must be in the top half of the human gene pool… if you understand and agree with my rant then congratulations on being awake for your life… the rest of you please join the Army and fight for my freedom in Afghanistan.

acadia11

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2010
I will never ever have a ....ing facebook or any other social networking account. I feel like I'm in an episode of "Serial Experiments Lain" ... are people so starved for attention and self obsession they have to share their every moment with the world. Big brother doesn't have to watch you ... you simply set up stage and perform all by yourself.

snapple232

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2010
1.13 trillion likes would mean that the average user has 1,130 likes... seems like Facebook is inadvertently admitting that they're counting fake accounts that do nothing but 'like' pages.

mrmaia

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2011
And yet no statistics about the volume of personal data sold and number of phishy ads displayed? NBC disappointed me.

infernocy

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2010
no one forces anyone to post anything or any photo anywhere -- i realize that most people have air inside their head and when they do something stupid , they just go and sue people(example apple) , there are no more than 150m to 200m people that actually have real accounts -- there where about 200k fake accounts just for mafia wars when it started so they can have power in the game , and also that applies to like another million games on th

Status
Not open for further replies.