Facebook to Simplify Privacy Policy After Backlash

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

xsamitt

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2007
[citation][nom]marsax73[/nom]All of these sites suck. How about meeting people in real life? No I would rather have ppl I went to high school with 20 years ago adding me to their "friends" list. I wasn't friends with them back then. Or I would love to know how your farm is doing? I know ppl that won't respond to their emails but will post something on Facebook every minute.[/citation]

I agree........100%

sidran32

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2009
Complexity isn't the problem. It's the fact that every time they have a policy change that I have to go back into my settings and re-set everything to be private, since they seem to like to keep changing them back to public by default. And every time it happens, I have to hear about it down the grapevine. Not so much as an email notifying me that this is happening.

Prescott_666

Distinguished
May 13, 2009
In the first place why would you put something on Facebook that you don't want anyone to see? If you don't want anyone to see it, don't put it on Facebook!

Having said that the default should be friends. Facebook should never set access to Friends of friends and Everyone by default. And if they do and someone is damaged by that, they should be able to sue and recover damages.

G

What facebook don't get is, it is often with friends of friends that you want to defend your privacy !

Status
Not open for further replies.