facebook virus the message was only 'lol'

Status
Not open for further replies.

taenbolle

Estimable
May 7, 2014
hi, just got message from a friend on Facebook that said : lol
that was the hole message.
i asked my sister wtf is this (beacuse its her clasmate) and she said it was fake and it was a virus and i should not click or reply to it.
i had already clicked on but not ryplied.
some other dude had also written on his status that it was a virus) so my question is that, is this a true or not??
if it is, what shall i do? i used windows phone 800 lumia

coastie65

Distinguished
May 26, 2010

haven't seen or heard of that. If I get something like that over there and it is not in relation to anything I have posted, it goes ignored. I just mark it as read and move on.

lewisdc

Estimable
Mar 31, 2014
I usually get a few of these sort of messages every other month (In different forms of what they may say).

If it is a group conversation, leave the conversation than delete it from your archive.

If it was just a private message to you personally, then do the latter. It's easier to do this on the web page rather than on a phone app (I haven't tried to delete a conversation on the phone app).

There isn't really anything you can do other than just ignoring the messages, not clicking on any links they may send and delete/archive the chat.

coastie65

Distinguished
May 26, 2010

Not really drivel. A forum I moderated on ( PC World that just shut down ) had a discussion group for that sort of thing. We had some moderate traffic on that too. Granted, if you have a question about whether or nor something is malicious, then you can Google it. If you are not sure of what you are looking for, then a place such as this is a good option. There is a lot of stuff that goes on, on FB, but I have not heard of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.