Facebook Wants to Help Those in Need of Organ Transplants

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackbling

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2011
this seems silly and self righteous....but i guess there may be people out there that, somehow, didnt know you could be an organ donor, and, if those individuals exist, I am sure they are on facebook.

zaznet

Distinguished
May 10, 2010
I hope I'm not the only one seeing this as a sign that Facebook is in trouble. They are trying to create new topics to post about. I bet we see more of these 1 off topics that could have been single status updates as they lead up to their IPO.

RipperjackAU

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2006
[citation][nom]zingam_duo[/nom]I've always suspected it that Facebook is all about slashing and selling human organs![/citation]

Well since they started with human dignity, I guess human organs was the next logical step.

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
Yeah... I'm not sure I want the world to know that, when I die, I'm gonna give my kidneys and that I'm a universal donor, as far as blood type is concerned. I feel like I would die a bit earlier than I should...

del35

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
The road to hell is paved with good intentions. When an identity reseller like the nefarious Facebook is courting organ transplant recipients, one has to wonder what is in it for deceitful privacy backroom-dealer Zuckerberg.

dreadlokz

Honorable
Mar 30, 2012
swear I read orgasm 0o

@topic... sure, facebook only wants to help. don't want any money or AD, just to help and you soul! =)

derek2006

Distinguished
May 19, 2006
Everyone, Facebook is doing a good thing here. There are many times people die who stated they wanted to be an organ donor, but do not have it in their will. Many times there is a family member that disagrees with what the person wanted and so the organs never get donated because someone contests it in court. This is an additional way to help prevent this.

__-_-_-__

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2009
In my country everyone is an organ donor unless they state it otherwise.
Instead of a donor list there's a non donor list.
The result is that we have the highest transplant rate in the world.

beachbod

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2009
There should be a law that you can only receive an organ donation if your an organ donor yourself! So many people are not organ donors but are the first in line to want one when they need one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS