Facebook Wins $711 Million From Spammer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerky_san

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2009
Now 7 11 will sue for copyright infringement for making a judgment that is similar to their name. Also judgments like these are ridiculous since he'll never be able to pay.

G

I've learned to recognize your posts just by the title.

Whenever there are some non-tech, inquirer looking news...that's you posting.

I'd comment about the subject in question...if it didn't look like news from TMZ :D

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]lazy_to_login[/nom]I've learned to recognize your posts just by the title.Whenever there are some non-tech, inquirer looking news...that's you posting.I'd comment about the subject in question...if it didn't look like news from TMZ[/citation]

Can't even be bothered to address me by name?

I suppose posting news about Asus' plans for an android netbook or indeed their new USB 3.0 mobo isn't tech? Oh yeah, JUST the thing you'd find on TMZ.

Go ruin someone else's friday, Troll. I'm in too much of a good mood to let you get to me today. :)

ukgooey

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2009
[citation][nom]lazy_to_login[/nom]I've learned to recognize your posts just by the title.Whenever there are some non-tech, inquirer looking news...that's you posting.I'd comment about the subject in question...if it didn't look like news from TMZ[/citation]
Since when is internet spamming 'non-tech'? That's unnecessarily rude. And I'm unnecessarily rude regularly so I know what I'm talking about.

G

And hey ukgooey...

Internet Spamming is tech...but it isn't news.
Now the results of a court about it...gotta be even less tech related (and won't affect any of US).

It's not like PB is getting crushed...it's just a waste of time.

G

After appeal it will be $711.00. There are no criminal charges because they cannot prove that he violated any criminal statute. Facebook's alledged "damages" are so speculative as to be comical.

Good message to send though.

dingumf

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2009
[citation][nom]xophaser[/nom]I think that was the clown that hacked my facebook account. Lock him up.[/citation]

You're retarded.

doomtomb

Distinguished
May 12, 2009
So Facebook gets a payday because their users got screwed by a spammer? Shouldn't the users get the money because they got spammed while using Facebook?

Yipee for Facebook getting more money....

Pyroflea

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2007
I totally agree with doomtomb. What about the people who lost all their personal information. Think of the damage that could be done with names, addresses, birth dates, phone numbers, etc. This is all common information on Facebook. So why does Facebook get paid when there could be hundreds, even thousands of people who have had their identities stolen?

Manos

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
I dont use nor like Facebook but i respect that some find it useful ( and some turn into nolifers for that alone.. :S ) For me they rather send him to jail and take his money away. Facebook doesnt need more money, really..

socrates047

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
Lawsuits against big companies work like this,lady liberty holds the scale and both parties put money on either side. The side with the most money wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.