Question Factory reset dell inspiron 15 3000 windows 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 29, 2019
Pressing F8 is just ignored and it boots to windows. I am pressing it as soon as it powers up, so I know it is not too late.

I also tried using the "reset this PC" option (remove everything > just remove my files > ready to reset this PC)) It gets as far as "getting a few things ready" > restarting > resetting this PC "x%" and then it bails out to a Blue Screen that says "RESET THIS PC There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made". And a cancel box that sends me to another Blue Screen That asks to "choose an option" like continue, turn of PC, etc.

I don't have a CD drive

I'm not sure what to try next

Did you doing it this way...

NOTE: These will only work if you can get into the system. They will not work if you can't even get into Windows.

In Windows versions prior to 10, you should be able to...

1. Go into "Control Panel" and then click "Recovery."
  2. Next click "Advanced Recovery Methods."
  3. Now click "Return your computer to factory condition."

And in 10...

To do this go to "Start", then "Settings". Next choose "Update & security" and then "Recovery" Here click "Get started" and select the option you wish to use. From here just follow the on-screen instructions to restore Windows 10 back to how it was upon leaving the factory.

Should these not work either then it is possible that the restore options on your computer may just not be there. The software that is. You can then get the necessary OS files from the following URL... https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/

Aug 29, 2019
Yeah I guess my OP wasn't clear enough.

I am using windows 10 (per the thread title), I can get into the system (per line 2 of the post) , and I can access the restore option for the factory reset (also line 2 of the post).
And the issue is: "It gets as far as "getting a few things ready" > restarting > resetting this PC "x%" and then it bails out to a Blue Screen that says "RESET THIS PC There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made". And a cancel box that sends me to another Blue Screen That asks to "choose an option" like continue, turn of PC, etc. "

And F8 doesn't work

And the USB recovery hangs up near the final stage. After the backup process is finished I get an error message that says one of the processes has failed (a partition error) but to remove the USB and reboot anyway. And when I do that the system just loops with the message "No boot device found. Press any key to reboot the machine."

If I re-insert the USB then the whoile recovery process just starts again. And if instead I switch the boot back from legacy to UEFI then it boots back to my non-factory setup with the error message "There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made"

I hope this is clearer. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.